Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 24 February 2013
I`m not sure what to make of this book. Firstly, the author asserts early on that, contrary to what has been proven more than a century ago, and the fundamental basis of Special Relativity, the aether exists. In scientific terms, that`s like announcing that the sun goes round the earth. To carry straight on without at the very least explaining why Einstein could be so stupid as to have denied the existence of the aether is bizarre to say the least. The author finally lost me when he triumphantly announced that his theory explained the apparent wave behaviour of electrons demonstrated by the double slit experiment. The author doesn`t seem to be aware that the REAL mystery of the double slit experiment is how the wave behaviour disappears when you try to determine which slit the electron goes through ~ this is basically page one stuff in Quantum Mechanics.
I know it`s only 99p, but I recommend you spend it on something more thought provoking. I recommend Hidden in Plain Sight.
on 9 February 2013
An eminently readable, logical and well argued alternative to the convoluted theories of the more complex Quantum Mechanics' attempt to determine and explain the basic particles from which the Universe is constructed.
Yes, it re-introduces the concept of an "aether" through which energy flows in space but this, in itself, could help to explain why space is neither totally empty nor at absolute zero. Conversely, the concept of the aether removes the need to discover a gravitron, for which no evidence has yet been found other than, perhaps, a gap in the equivalent to the Periodic Table for Quantum Mechanics' particles.
This alternative approach removes the need for logically absurd explanations such as those for the results of the double-slit experiment and its description of the likely appearance of an electron agrees amazingly well with the photograph of a single electron taken at Lund University.
The simple algebra introduced by Yee was welcome in support of his text as was his provision of units for (most of) the variables used, although there is an error at Kindle location 449 (27%) whereby the radius of an electron is given in Kilogrammes rather than Metres. No other typographical errors were detected.
It would be interesting to have Yee's approached compared with that of String Theory, to which it appears closer than to Quantum Mechanics. Whichever theory, current or yet to be developed, proves to be the most reliable, Yee's description of the "Wave Structure Matter" theory is enjoyable, well presented and a highly credible alternative both to Quantum Mechanics and the String Theory to which it appear most closely allied but without the logical absurdities of the latter.
on 1 August 2013
Good understanding of physics is displayed, and told in a way that is not too mind boggling. If like me you are interested in science but sometimes find the technical jargon a bit difficult to deal with, then you will probably enjoy this book. Having said that, you will still need at least a basic understanding of physics to be able to grasp what is being said.
on 7 May 2013
I started reading this and realised I had forgotten most of what I had learned half a century ago about particle physics. I reverted to my old textbooks and they led me all the way back to Einstein and his Relativity theories. I have not got back to this book yet but it certainly started some cogs in my head that had been dormant for too long. For that alone I rate it 5 stars.
on 4 September 2013
Yee makes a well structured and researched book but note this is not a text book but rather a theory proposed by the author (albeit based on research on similar theory).

I don't claim to be a particle physicist and enjoyed reading it but felt I had to take some of what I read with caution.
on 28 July 2015
Unfortunately I have to agree with the negative reviews. This book is not a good introductory book (as stated by other reviews) as it will not give any information on what is the accepted way of thinking in physics today. Instead, old theories (I had to read part of the introduction several times to make absolutely sure the that the book is going to deal exclusively with ether and it was not just a though experiment) are revisited which have been discredited over the last century. That does not mean that he is wrong, in fact it has happen that theories have been not accepted only to find out that they were to advanced for their times. However, it is also worth mentioning that those people were usually brilliant in their field and have dedicated their lives to the study of that respected field. I do not wish to cause any offense but according to the author's linkedin profile his most endorsements were for management, marketing and mobile applications and infact none physics related (no educational informaton given). In the end you get a book full of wikipedia references and quite frankely that is were he lost me because this book does not even adhere to popular science book stanrdards.
on 14 July 2014
An amazing book, gives you some insight on the simpler models that try to explain the universe.Easy to understand and brilliantly explained.The explanations are aided with wonderfully coloured diagrams.
on 15 December 2013
I you are interested in Physics then this is an excellent introduction of all particles in simple language that most people will find they understand.
on 22 November 2015
I am not qualified to make an informed assessment of the "science". My assessment was that this was "way out" of conventional perspective. I also found some of the assumptions did not gel (in my opinion - poor as that may be). He might prove right but I have huge reservations. He does not seem to come close to getting a feel for what "energy" is it's just something ethereal. And he risks bringing back the ether. Hhmmm. I need to re-read. I suggest that you don't regard this as anything other than hypothesis. All hypotheses make us think. That may be its best quality.
on 19 October 2013
Quite in depth but an interesting insight into Wave Structure Matter.

Quite a short book but rather plump with information