Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 28 October 2016
I enjoyed Angel Killer but then ending was a bit abrupt. I feel it could have been a bit longer, tie all the loose ends up
Found this book a bit confusing due to the jumping back and forth to her magic career.parts of the murder enquiry appeared to be missing due this. Would not recommend .
on 14 February 2017
It's got magic and murder? What more could I possibly ask? <>
on 6 November 2012
Enjoyable short read.
Easy read,draws you in,I would of thought a short series would ensue from the main character and was disappointed the book came to an end.......
on 25 November 2012
Silly and pointless with ridiculous ending. I got totally bored reading how attractive Jessica is, who cares? I also failed to see the significance of the Damian character. I shan't be rushing to download any more books by this author.
on 17 October 2012
Having paid around 50p for this Kindle book I was expecting it to be like so many other self edited and self published cheapo e-books - full of bad grammar, poor spelling, superfluous apostrophes and rubbish writing. Was I ever pleasantly surprised! Yes, the plot was ludicrously far fetched, contrived in places and somewhat unbelievable, but no more so than many other bestselling crime thrillers. Reading this really reminded me of a Jeffery Deaver book (don't remember which one) with a similar 'supernatural' killer pulling magic stunts to fool people, except this book was way better. I also appreciated the total lack of corny romance as I'm fed up reading about smouldering atmospheres and hot sex in my crime novels - it's usually completely non-relevant to anything else in the book so not having to put up with it here was a refreshing change from the norm.

I raced through this book in less than a day and genuinely couldn't put it down. Lost more than a few hours sleep as haven't been so captivated by a trashy crime novel in yonks! As other reviewers have noted, it did finish a bit abruptly with a few loose ends and unexplained bits and pieces, but I assumed that was due to a sequel being planned. I hope I'm correct as I'd like to read more about the magician chick and her sociopathic stalking guardian angel.
on 1 September 2012
I was really impressed with this after reading so many new authors on Kindle where the stories are O.K. but you forget them once you've finished. This author will stay in my memory and I hope he becomes rich & famous, he deserves it. I stayed awake far later than I should have reading this as I just couldn't put it down. When finished I straight away bought Public enemy zero which was even better. Just finshed that and bought 2 more in case Mr Mayne decides they should cost more, which they are worth but I can't afford!
on 25 August 2012
Sometimes I am happy to try a new author to see if I can find something new and special.I came up trumps with Andrew Mayne!Now I am off to look at his other books! This was a great read and i got through it in a day. IMHO you can't go wrong!
on 7 October 2012
This is a relatively short, fast-paced read. It's written in what people might now call 'Dan Brown' style as a series of short chapters, each with a cliff-hanger ending.

The book has a professional feel to it (I love the cover design), and the premise is strong, but the plot feels rushed and there's no proper ending.

In particular, the inclusion of the Damian character was, I feel, a mistake. There's no real sense of suspense if you know that Damian is always waiting in the wings to help out when the going gets tough. He comes across as a slightly lazy plot device who exists for the convenience of the author rather than anything he might add to the story.

Damian is interesting, and doubtless worth a book to himself, but he's a gooseberry in this one. I think the story would read better as a straight battle between the heroine and the Warlock; not a threesome.
on 9 September 2012
The concept of this story was intriguing and the writing fluent, but I thought that the plot stretched credibility too far. Whilst the set-piece crimes were certainly original, none of them were really believable. They just couldn't happen in real life and that let the story down. Had the author opted for clever but genuinely possible magic illusions, rather than over-the-top spectaculars, it could have been a first rate yarn. Nevertheless, I found it entertaining and hope to see the idea develop more plausibly in future stories.