on 7 May 2013
This fantastic book incorporates 2 single books: `Women at Work, Perspective, Experiences From Women Who Changed the World' and `Tips for Women at Work, Kickstart Your Career'. It is a compilation of personal stories from over 40 women but also offers practical tips and advice for women looking for a career change or promotion.

I particularly like the personal testimonials that are such a big part of this book. I think real life stories are always so much more inspiring and thought provoking than fiction ones. The stories are very engaging and had me captivated. They are collected from a large variety of people, which means that there is a good variety of life in this book. It is obvious that the author has done a lot of research and feels passionately about the subject.

I think the book is put together very well and is a good mix of experience and tips. It covers a variety of issues about the choices that women face and how to make the right one. Each chapter is very easy to read and I thoroughly enjoyed the entirety of this book, so much so that I have also got a copy for my sister to read.

The chapters in the second section of the book `Tips from Women at Work, Kickstart Your Career' are very helpful. They take you right through my preparing a good CV to interview techniques and managing the balance between work, home and relaxation time, which can sometimes be quite a challenge.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book. It offers a fresh perspective from a large variety of contributors. It is definitely motivational, inspirational and a book I am glad to add to my personal library.
on 10 February 2014
I was originally recommended this book from a close friend and colleague of mine; I had high hopes from the beginning because I found it very refreshing that there's finally a work related book that focuses on, and is centered around, us WOMEN. I feel that work books aimed at women are neglected in the literary world, so I am also quite grateful towards the author for taking the time to create such a professional and informing book.

I love how personal stories are incorporated into the material; they helped me understand everything in a more realistic, practical setting and it is inspiring to hear of other women's stories that I can strongly relate and connect to. The overall read is inspiring and empowering yet also educational in a practical and applicable sense - there's plenty of tips related to building a strong CV and such and also for building a balanced foundation between work and life. Definitely check this out!
on 18 October 2012
I was recommended Women at Work by a colleague and have to say I'm impressed, a whole lot of research has gone into this book and there are some very engaging stories from some very successful people. Overall very motivational.
on 19 October 2012
Really appreciated the sections on why some people succeed and some don't. The personal accounts were very interesting from a very wide range of people. I particularly enjoyed the contributions by Countess Elizabeth Longford, Sarah Doukas, Virginia McKenna, Rabbi Julia Neugberger, Anita Roddick, and Dame Helen Suzman. The practical section at the back about CV's, bullies, home working was very useful. It's kind of theory, experience and practical information. This book is a compilation of the two original books and is really good value.
on 18 October 2012
I saw a quote by Helen Suzman on Twitter and as a result wanted to read the book. It was really very interesting. The author covers a very wide range of people over quite a span of time in a very readable way. The information is offered for the reader to consider, to pick and choose. She talks quite a bit about work life balance and the issues women but people in general juggle when making career choices. One of the messages of the book is that life is about choices and we show what we value by the choices we make.
on 18 October 2012
this is really a great impressive tips for my sister. she is now starting that work which she never imagine. after reading this book she feel she can do everything.