on 8 July 2014
Quite expensive but you do get what you pay for. Very sturdy and robust. I wanted one that was easy to lift up and put back down as I have a back condition and I can easily manage this. I can't quite believe I can get excited over a washing line but it is the best one I have ever had and the washing swings around effortlessly. My husband put ours into concrete as it is very heavy when the washing is pegged on so don't know how it would stand up to just being pegged/staked in the ground.

I can see this one lasting for years.
21 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2015
The right up said it was one of the easiest to lift, I struggle more with this one than I did with my old one! I don't have the strength to push it up enough to get enough tension in the wires, so always end up with drooping washing!!
It does the job, but don't be fooled into thinking that it will be a doddle to put up.
11 people found this helpful
on 15 September 2017
Strong and stable rotary clothes Line. Much thicker sections to the arms than our last one and a larger drying area.
The adjustment catch is positive. The ground spike was also stronger than expected.
The only small snag, and it is nitpicking, is that when the arms are put away they don't clip in to hold them together.
The zip cover is very well made.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 October 2017
It's OK. The first one sent had a bent arm and was returned. Second one installed into concrete and (as other have noted) wobbles! A lot.

However my biggest concern is the weakness of the arms. Instead of tubes, this has weak steel folded into a V-shaped. I returned first drier as it arrived with bent arm. Second one has a minor twist towards the end, so probably not going to give problems. Guess a football or similar has caused this damage. But point remains that arms are not going to take abuse, especially in a garden where children are running free.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 June 2017
Quite pleased except for like many other reviews the black plastic piece to concrete in has a lot of movement. I put loads of straws down there which seems to work.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2018
Awful, have had wind up rotary's for years, needed to replace the one we had and Brabantia apparently no longer do the wind up ones, the lift - O - Matic is quite awkward if you are like me on the short side, the washing line is nowhere near as high as the wind up one and the line comes out of the plastic bit in the ground, Brabintia's video actually shows one that you push up by use of a foot pedal which looks easier but its no longer on their product range on the web site, avoid at all costs, I will use it because I have no choice but totally rubbish.
on 22 April 2017
Like most things from Brabantia it is very good, but unusually competitively priced for them. The concrete insert could probably do with being a little longer, but the line is good.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 March 2016
Fantastic quality item if a quite pricey - but compared to your average run of the mill rotary clothes line this is on a different planet. Just need to concrete in the ground spike and leave for 2 or 3 days to set before mounting it. Opens up really easily with spring assistance and has plenty of line for a big wash. The cover is a nice quality item too and zips on and off really quickly making it worthwhile i.e. not so difficult and clumsy that you dump it after the first use. The peg bag is handy but the real star is the clothes line itself. I would thoroughly recommend it.
One person found this helpful
on 4 August 2017
I read all of the other reviews regarding this purchase and can say that I am very glad that I bought it. It is very sturdy and was easy to set up. I like the cover it comes with and even though it it is a bit loose in the holder I spread my washing out so that it does not wobble around. Brilliant value.
One person found this helpful
on 9 June 2017
Bought for my mum after the one I bought 15 years previously finally gave up the ghost. She absolutely loved the old one so a replacement the same was ideal and meant it fitted in the same hole.
2 people found this helpful