on 4 October 2015
Took ages to come - I must read the source location carefully - but that's my fault.

Well made works perfectly and seems accurate hen I stick it out of the car window.

Tips: For the mechanically disabled take the supplied yellow cover off to install the battery. Also it needs to be held square into the wind to give an accurate reading so I have attached a length of cassette tape to to top to act as streamer so I can align it properly.
on 6 June 2017
Okay for getting an idea of wind speed, but probably not accurate enough for serious applications.
on 14 December 2016
Arrived 13.12.16 in the mail. Helpful tool outdoors!
on 18 April 2012
Nice bit of kit. At first it was not obvious how to get at the battery and temperature unit as anemometer is in a yellow fitted case with dummy battery cover on the back. Once you have worked this out pull sides of yellow case outwards to pop black instrument out of said case. The battery cover on the back is tight even when turned as instructed but will pop out when pried with a very small screw driver!

The packaging says Battery not included but one was in the instrument when I received it.

Very good value
on 22 March 2013
This is a great little anemometer, so why only three stars? Because of the poorly implemented battery cover, which is extremely difficult to remove. The cover is tight and difficult to move, requiring a 40 degree clockwise rotation to unlock. But unlocking the cover is only the beginning, then you will need something to pry it out, such as a finely pointed blade. This all result in some damage to the plastic, as it is not very hardy. But if you don't mind a little cosmetic damage to your new gadget then this won't bother you. Also the included yellow impact cover hides any damage nicely.

The device itself is fabulous, its compact and lightweight, the impeller is well protected, and the display is easy to read with a nice backlight for low-light conditions. The controls are fairly simple, however, a quick read over the included instructions will help a lot.

Battery cover: 1 Star
Device: 5 Stars
Average: 3 Stars
on 12 August 2013
"Well Made Instrument".,
I Purchased this to give a general indication of local Wind Conditions when Flying "Model Aircraft"/"Helicopters"/ and "Kites". and So Far the readings given by the unit appear to be reasonably accurate.
No Problems with the "Battery Cover" as indicated by some reviewers.? I think that this has been made intentionaly tight for "Water Resistence" purposes.? and the similar same reason for the "Yellow Shockproof Outer Cover".?
"Overall Opinion": Would Recommend.
on 21 January 2014
Yep! Measures the wind speed really effectively and seems to be accurate. Has matched the wind speed indicated by iPhone BBC Weather App every time. Got this Anemometer to be sure of actual wind speed conditions in my locality for radio control model flying. It has a really useful back light that makes it easier to see the reading in evening light.

Instructions with my RC glider [...] recommend flying in no more that 10mph wind, but that hasn't stopped my crashing it a couple of times. Can't blame the Anemometer for that though! It's working well, is light, fits in the hand well and fits in the pocket easily. Very happy with this Anemometer, not so happy with my radio control skills!
on 29 May 2014
I wanted an anemometer as I fly model gliders. Not an essential item for me, (however, it may become so !) but handy to have nonetheless, therefore I didn’t want to pay a lot of money for one. I am not disappointed. It does everything as described, clear to read, and the backlight is useful. The instructions could be a little clearer but once worked out changing the speed units and the ‘normal’ ‘average’ and ’max‘ values is simple enough. Others have noted the battery (included) is difficult to fit, I had no problems but admit it is a tight fit with an ‘o’ ring sealing the battery compartment against moisture ingress. My advice is to carefully line everything up, use a coin to open/close the compartment and don’t use too much force to twist the cover into place.
I have no idea on the accuracy; I have access to a professional wind tunnel and intend checking the anemometer over the 10 to 20 m/sec or so range, out of curiosity more than anything really. I think from memory the quoted accuracy is + or – 5% which is good enough for my use. If I do check the calibration I may report back on this.
on 30 December 2014
Excellent value, small light and fits in the hand. Seems well built.

Don't understand the fuss about the battery cover. Peel off the yellow soft rubber perimeter. Remove the battery cover with a 50p piece. Turn anticlockwise by about 10 degrees then ease out the plastic cover using the cut out. Don't loose the rubber gasket and refit on completion. Mine came with the batter installed and working. Easy!

The enclosed instructions were in Chinese but no problem as they are also on the blister pack in English. Couldn't find the wind chill factor but I've been around long enough to know when I feel cold.

Changing the settings was easy and you get all the main units you will ever need.

A lovely bit of kit at a price which warmed the cockles of my heart
on 15 December 2014
The gauge works well and it is simple and easy to use. I have compared a wind speed reading with the that of a local airfields anemometer, it was within 0.2 of a knot. For low the price I did not expect it to be this accurate.
When taking a reading move the gauge about 30 degrees left and right and take the maximum reading, if you don't point it directly into wind a low reading will result.
The delivery took over three weeks from China and it arrived on the last day of the expected delivery window