on 26 June 2017
This just didn't work for me. I love Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series and was hoping for a similar vein but it just didn't happen. The terror that people should have felt with what was happening just didn't come across.
on 18 June 2012
It may have contributed to my enjoyment, as I bought all three books together, if there had been someway of telling which order they were meant to be read in.I like simple and a Book number on the appropriate book would be nice. This is well thought out trilogy of books. For the first-time paranormal romance reader it's a good one. The books (whilst being a series) share one consistant character "THE BAD GUY" and a small satellite of "GOOD GUYS". As Lara Adrian is one of my favoured authors she provided a good, believiable storyline. A fair amount of excitement and a few twists.
on 29 June 2014
Like-able and well-described characters, although the plot strains credibility in places (how come the Medieval characters don't all get freaked out and start screaming about witchcraft and the devil's work when the paranormal bits happen?). Overall a decent historical romance with a little bit of non-essential paranormal thrown in (the chalice is essentially a mcguffin).
on 17 August 2017
ok read
on 7 June 2017
Good
on 30 January 2013
If you like paranormal entwined with romance and sex, then you will enjoy this book. I downloaded it a few months ago but once I started it, I couldn't put it down.. I will read the remainder of the series .
on 19 September 2017
Enjoyed story line.
on 27 February 2014
I ed is book and would highly recommend to family and friends..I will be looking out for more from this author
on 5 May 2017
Other reviewers seem to have covered virtually every aspect of this very good story.

I enjoyed it very much with a few caveats. It was set in 1275. Why I do not know because I never had a sense of historical period to it. Edward I was on the throne, he was crowned in 1274, 2 years after ascending the throne. You would never have known. Potatoes in 1275? I don't think so! Sailing a cog single-handed down the Thames, across the channel and in a winter storm - impossible. They were 50' long minimum, built of heavy oak. Superman would have struggled.

Silly mistakes such as these detract from the plot. But it was a good evening's reading and much better than so many Medieval stories. It was free when I downloaded it. I would have paid for it! Will, probably, buy the rest of the series and I'm not into paranormal plots!
Set in the year 1275. Lady Ariana of Clairmont had no idea of what she carried in the satchel. She only knew that the papers in the satchel were the ransom demanded for the life of her brother, Kenrick. Ariana was to leave England and deliver it to Kenrick's unknown enemies in Rouen France. However she would never have made it alive if she had not been rescued by Braedon le Chasseur, one known as The Hunter.
Braedon thought he had left the darkness behind eighteen months ago. But Ariana brought it back into his path once again.
Her brother knew of The Dragon Chalice. The chalice had been torn into four pieces, each with a priceless stone. The stones were purported to have powers beyond imagination. It was said that if those four stones were reunited the Dragon Chalice would become whole again and whoever held it would have all the powers. Kenrick had studied it thoroughly and wrote his findings down before he was taken.
Braedon would be forced to confront old and powerful enemies in a quest to locate a myth and rescue his lady's brother.
***** Author Tina St. John blends the Middle Ages, dark sorcery, and a bit of a fairy tale to make a novel of stunning intensity that it left me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It is the first book in this series, but did not leave me hanging. The book can stand alone as a story. However, I find myself eager to begin the next in this magical series! BRAVA, TINA ST.JOHN! BRAVA! *****
Reviewed by Detra Fitch of Huntress Reviews.