The hit musical "Dreamboats and Petticoats" with its seemingly endless spin-off series of reissues recently added "Three Steps To Heaven" to its long list of double CDs crammed with late 50s, early 60s' pop gems. Again the selction is outstanding featuring rock 'n' roll pioneers Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent, Dion and Buddy Holly. The set also includes Britain's best ever rock 'n' roll records "Move It" and "Shakin' All Over" by Cliff Richard & The Drifters and Johnny Kidd & His Pirates, respectively. Other artists featured are the terrific Everly Brothers, the Big O - Roy Orbison, Bobby Darin, Del Shannon, Neil Sedaka and then heart-throbs Ricky Nelson and Bobby Vee. Consistent UK hit makers Marty Wilde, Billy Fury and Adam Faith sing their biggest sellers and Tommy Steele rocks with His Cavemen. The overall sound is superb but again there's the odd mono version of tracks recorded in true stereo ("Return To Sender", "Little Town Flirt", "Runaround Sue", "The Night Has A Thousand Eyes" et al). Many a song here can be heard on other "Dreamboats and Petticoats" compilations, but if classic rock and the very best of early British pop and rock are up your alley, then this set is a must-have!
29 people found this helpful
on 28 June 2012
This two CD compilation set is really great. All my favourite tracks and a few I'd almost forgotten about. Love driving to it and singing along, re-living happy memories. A real feel good feeling. :-)
17 people found this helpful
on 26 July 2012
I love this album, mostly because I know every one! So many compilations fall short as they include songs you've never heard before, but this is great. I play it while I'm ironing, spurs me on!
9 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2012
The CD takes you back in time thats if you getting on a bit like me.

Whats brings back more memories for me is I have met quite a few
of the Artists on the CD.

This is a great CD, I think it would be appreiated more by the
Older Generation.
6 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2014
I Love the songs on this cd. It definitely takes me back 40+ years and I could still remember all the words. Put it on when doing the housework or ironing and it picks you up a treat. I have purchased a retro record player from Amazon and the sound from this is quite authentic for 60s style music. Love it!
2 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2017
Brilliant music, happy memories kind of forgotten until we heard this CD. I would recommend this without any qualms
on 16 June 2018
GREAT
on 9 March 2017
Yet another great album the clarity of the tracks fantastic what more could one want excellent another five star
on 6 March 2018
excellent
on 23 August 2013
This is a great compilation of original singers performing memorable songs of yesteryear, capturing those special moments that have passed. Wonderful listening with a glass of wine. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves music beyond tinny vocals and heavy beats that's prevalent today!!