on 13 May 2014
CLEAR sound, better than Klipsch S4i and almost any earphone under the £100 market.

BASS is noticeably less than most headphones, I had to readjust my equaliser to get a fulfilling bass.

CORD is very strong, very tangle-resistant.

CONTROL is located on the right earphone. One thing weird is that the volume buttons are much more prominent than the play/stop button, which is very small. I often miss the play/stop button and adjust the volume instead. MICROPHONE sounds as good as any other earphones.

PRICE is very reasonable. Quality is much amazing for its price.

COMFORT is good. I am used to cone-tips, but may pose a problem to others that are not. I have medium sized ears, and the large cone fit very comfortably.

NOISE ISOLATION is AMAZING. I can just plug these babies in, and even without playing music all my surrounding noise will be drowned out. I couldn't even hear the guy talking next to me.

OTHERS: It does take a lot of power to run this thing. On a mac, I would have it play on the 3rd or 4th level of volume, and a bit over the middle on an iPhone.
on 19 June 2014
Great headphones. Actually had a few pairs of these over the years, and have either lost or broken them, but I always go back. For the price point, I think the quality is great.

However, check that your phone is compatible! I use this with my iPhone 5S primarily, but they don't work with my iPad 2! When they're plugged in, videos will buffer until you remove them. Odd.
on 1 November 2015
I've had these for 18 months now. Am very pleased with the sound, but despite care in their use & storage, the earbuds have perished, and the wires have split at every junction. They are now held together mostly by insulating tape. Don't think I will buy this make again. They need to last longer than this.
review image
on 22 August 2014
Great headphones I am no audiophile but I love them great when I am on a motor bike and listening to music helmet does not easily pull them out like other manufactures earphones does. Since I found Etymotic I have only being purchasing them my first pair of reference ones are still going strong and they are over 10 years old. Ok so they lack punchy base but then I have never been a huge fan of heavy base. And if the plugs don't fit there are several other options available in store. I do not have to turn the volume to max to use them I use them on my PC my phone my MP3 player all over. Ideal for noisy work environments.
on 10 July 2012
My only gripe with these earphones would be the lack of base, while they are undoubtedly crystal clear they do lack that kick drum feel I get from say the Shures(which did break after a year), but with that said these are the best in line mic/control for use with the iPhone I've had, would definitely recommend. Been using them almost every day for over a year with no problems.
on 11 February 2015
They sound OK but the earbuds have broken already. Also, they're massive so sit uncomfortably in your ear unless you are the Jolly Green Giant.
on 5 June 2015
A fine purchase, arrived promptly and does what it says on the advert.
on 12 June 2011
These are terrible headphones, the set I got (not from amazon) have prompted me to write this review

1. The in ear headphones don't fit
2. The quality of the audio is terrible in multiple devices
(to be fair, its a possibility that this is 1's fault).
3. The mouldings for the ear hole are poorly thought out, and in my
little pack, I got only 1 of 1 type (the type I prefer) effectively
rendering them useless.

I realize that there's no way I can get a refund, so my advice
would be to do your research before you buy.