Customer reviews

on 13 February 2014
I think i pre-ordered it which i NEVER do!
Because i totally love the series.
(Kinda similar in feel to Fruits Basket)

The only negatives i have is
A: i like watching my anime in japanese with subtitles..(i find the accents really annoying on the dubbed versions.) On the one i bought the subtitles aren't laid out very well..with some bits WAY too fast to be read by a human...so i have to rewind and pause rewind and pause. Thankfully this isn't too much of a problem throughout but there are some key bad points.
Also if there is any writing in Japanese that are part of the story they are not generally translated.
B. Without saying anything about the story, i felt the last episode let the whole series down... cramming a lot in without anything much really happening or being explained and not what i would call a conclusive ending...(i've not read the ending in the manga so i can't compare but i assume it goes on a little longer) So just don't have any high hopes when you watch that episode...
on 20 September 2013
I first found out about this anime series from a video on youtube, I thought it looked interesting so I watched a few episodes online and I can say that I'm so glad I found out about it! This is one of my favourite Anime TV shows just for the fact that it's really funny and completely over-the-top crazy. I had to get the DVD Series for my ever-growing anime collection, hehe. Also, at this price it's an absolute bargain and not one to be missed out on for sure!
I must admit, it is a little hard to follow in some places - but that didn't bother me, there was just so much more going on to keep you hooked. I also enjoyed the fact that they don't take rich people seriously in this and make little jokes here and there which is very amusing.
I highly recommend this to any fan of anime, comedy, romances or those who just want to watch a charming, and adorable anime series.
on 17 January 2016
Great fun to watch and a show that is easy to relax with. The style of the show and the humour will not convert any non-Anime watchers, but for those who enjoy your typical school-based comedies, you'll lap this up.

I think the episodic style means it sometimes feels like it has pacing issues throughout the series, and pulling the trigger on major relationship developments takes longer than it should. I think the humour also begins to get a little repetitive by the end. The video quality wasn't great either, being in 480p doesn't excuse it from looking very muddy and low res in many places, something which is certainly not present in HD versions of the show. These things are just niggling enough to drop a star.

It's a great show though and for the price you certainly can't go wrong for Ouran.
on 26 January 2016
This is one of those animes that you feel like you shouldn't love. but just cant help it.
On the surface, it is a light-hearted, crazy anime. But at times, it truly pulls at your heart strings.
Watch Haruhi Fujioka try and get through life in the host club, which all gets out of hand when feelings get mixed in.
Each character has such a distinct personality and you really root for them. Even usa-chan!
I would definitely recommend this series. Its relatively short, so won't eat up all of your time (*cough* naruto), and you'll go through every emotion you have, and then some.

Now all I'm hoping for is a sequel.
on 17 October 2013
This anime is brilliant! The characters are stunning and fun. You get attached to the story and characters rather quickly. The picture and sound quality on this is amazing. I do not see the difference between blu-ray and normal DVD. It is available in English dub or Japanese dub with English subtitles (I prefer watching it in Japanese).

The delivery time was excellent, came on time and the package it came in was neat and protected the product well.

I am very pleased with my order and the anime in itself. I would definitely recommend this to anyone! Fantastic reliable seller as well!
on 21 August 2012
I had brought this DVD as a Gift for my friend both of us were huge fans of the series and i had already brought my own copy of this DVD, My friend had seen me by this and decided she wanted it for her 18 birthday present. She loved it upon receiving it and i believe has enjoyed watching it a multiple of times. It arrived within the estimated delivery time which was good as i left myself only 3 days leeway before her birthday party, which if i had not received it on time would have been very very bad for me.It was in the condition described. overall great service and i would by from this seller again.
on 5 February 2014
I love both the manga and anime of this series! Volume 1 of Ouran was the first manga I ever bought, and it still has a special place in my heart. The characters are awesome (Tamaki especially) and the story is lovely too. There aren't many serious parts in this anime, but thats a good thing in this case- this is funny, sweet and romantic in a way that is both totally predictable and irresistible. Plus, this is too cheap to miss out on!
Buy this, you'll love it.
on 8 April 2013
I love Ouran, i have watched the box set at least 3 times since buying it (which i think is quite good considering that's 3 x 520 minutes of playing time - 1560 minutes) and i have school 5 days a week, work 2 days a week and we all gotta sleep right? haha, i recommend this to anime Otaku who love reverse Harem, or comedy in general, the animation is great and i love having anime on DVD, if you decide to buy... enjoy! (i have no doubt you will)

(^_^)b
on 29 December 2014
This anime is great ^_^
it's cute and stupid and totally off the wall.
I normally prefer yaoi, but this is so adorable and made me laugh so hard I cried.
A great anime of a transfer student who gets forced to work in the toff schools host club, the only thing is, they didn't have a uniform and looked like a geek. but to late they realise it's a girl, a girl who isn't girly and not pretty and just wants to study.
Just get it ^_^
on 28 October 2011
As just about everyone looking at this item will know the show, i won't go into detail about it.
It's a wonderful show and i'm glad to have it in DVD but, the UK boxset extras has only trailers and and some manga previews.

I am actually very mad that the UK and US versions are dissimilar. I see no reason for it.
I can easily watch Ouran online and the main reason i bought this was the outtakes as i had watched them online a year ago and loooved them but now i can't find them anywhere online and not even the boxset hasn't got them.
I can't buy the US version as it's far more expensive and i can only play Region2 dvds.

So the show is great and for the fact the boxset is great, but it's just a big shame it doesn't contain the outtakes.