on 19 January 2013
They were massively discounted in the Amazon January deals. Realistically they are only worth the reduced price, if I had paid more I would have gone to the expense and time to send them back. They are a reasonably wide fitting but small in length; because of this they feel as though they are about to fall off any moment. The worst aspect is the thinness of the sole, the ribbed rubber adds to the general harsh feeling- like walking on cardboard. I have Rockport shoes, they are well made and comfortable. I can't understand why a manufacturer would spoil their good reputation on a product such as this.
on 15 February 2013
These slippers were bought for my husband - he prefers a mule type slipper so he can 'slop around' and these do the job perfectly. They are robust enough for house use, although I am not sure how they would fare outside. the colour is livened up with the bright lining.
One thing to note - my husband usually takes a size 11 but we had to size up for this make.
on 15 March 2013
I actually don't really like these slippers, i have bought cheaper ones that were much better the main reason being the soles are made of some sort of rubber compound so they leave black marks on certain types of flooring, 'lino' type of stuff. I won't buy them again nor do i recommend them to anyone.
on 27 January 2013
But on a personal level I found them heavy and the sole over-firm, so I didn't get the flexibility I would with moccasins. And they fall off when I go upstairs. But they're warm on a cold floor and the construction is good.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 January 2013
Bought these as a prezzie (for myself). I'm really pleased with them - good value too! (got mine for under £18). The product picture doesn't do these full justice IMO. The suede uppers look & feel soft yet strong, while the tough-feeling but fairly flexible soles have ridges which provide a good grip on the tiles on my kitchen floor. The inside of the uppers feel soft, while the padding underfoot feels pleasantly supportive and comfy. The red Tartan lining looks very warm & inviting against the darker uppers. The sizing was accurate too - I'm glad I discovered them.
on 12 January 2013
Having spent time trying shopping to find some reasonably priced suede or leather slippers with hard soles (which generally seemed to fall a full size smaller and slightly narrower than expected) I turned to the internet option. I looked at several pairs and decided to try the Rockport slippers as they looked slightly wider than many my husband had tried on (bearing in mind that he never normally needs to buy slightly wider than average footwear). These were very nice and fitted the bill (and my husband's feet) with the added bonus that they were much more affordable than many he had tried.
on 10 January 2014
I would have been happier if the slippers sent had been an English size 9 and not the 91/2
delivered. It sounds pedantic but as I prefer a "roomier" slipper I had already added an extra half
size to my actual size of 81/2. But they serve a purpose and I don't see carpet slippers as anything other than being a practical necessity.
on 4 January 2013
As a mid -80's user they suit my life style and at my age fashion is not important, but they are rather bulky. They do on the other hand provide a comfortable house wear alternative to outdoor shoes and can be ew3asily slipped into
on 2 January 2013
Bought as an Xmas gift for my husband aged 42. The slippers came boxed which was an added bonus for a gift and the quality of the slippers is excellent, similar slippers in well known stores are twice as much so we are both really pleased with them and would recommend them. Arrived in time for Christmas so Amazon delivered as promised as usual.
on 3 January 2013
Slippers - can they really be stylish? Well I think Rockport have managed to pull it off - good quality, well designed and stylish slipper for those of us who like to feel comfortable around the house without the risk of stepping into those water spills in the kitchen with just our socks on and thinking - eek! Well done Rockport - I bought these as a Christmas gift for my brother in law - but I am really jealous!