Customer reviews

A Man And A Woman
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 January 2016
I'm a big fan of Dionne Warwick but until I heard this masterpiece I never realized how fantastic she is. Listen to her duetting on By The Time I Get To Phoenix/I Say A Little Prayer uttererly fabulous and spellbinding just when you think it can't get any better along comes Feelings/ My Eyes Adored You WOW!!! And double WOW!! 58yrs old and never knew this cd was out there a must have for any fan of soul music and believe you me if your not a fan of Dionne Warwick yet after this you will be. We all know what Isaac Hayes can do and certainly did but Dionne will absolutely surprise you whatever you do buy this very reasonably priced cd and enjoy for yrs to come I know I will
VINE VOICEon 22 July 2012
Another life time ago I had a vinyl pressing of this; it was a double album presented in a gatefold sleeve and I played it til it was practically dust. I had not been a fan of "live" recordings until it was proved to me that sometimes that is all that is possible.

Maybe not the most obvious coupling, although Dionne seems to have made a career out of unlikely (and always brilliant) duets, the two voices blend like chocolate and coffee ~ sweet & hot and they sound as if they are having a ball, is there a visual recording of this concert anywhere?

Whoever is behind the rerelease of these original soul albums deserves the musical equivalent of the Nobel prize; this particular 36 year old recording sounds as fresh (even fresher) than on its original outing.
Any fan will have their stand out favourites from this concert ~ mine is the duet medley "I just dont know what to do / walk on by" as the reading feels so new even after such a history of both tracks.

There is, for me, a kind of completion finding this again after all these years ~ a true gift of an ageing Dionne fan!
on 14 November 2015
This album is only for WARWICK/HAYES die hard fans
The sound is poor for a 1977 live recording
NOT RECOMMENDED
on 3 June 2015
Been looking for this CD for years had it on vinyl it's a great duet between two great artists
on 2 August 2015
Excellent deal and prompt service thanks
on 30 November 2014