on 17 October 2017
When I opened the packaging I thought this was going to be a good buy. I had been looking for a good blow torch for a while and have had a couple in the past which I have spent quite a bit of money on only to be disappointed. Some "fancy" shops seem to sell this one and some good reviews posted so I bought one.
BUT YET AGAIN ....MORE TOTAL RUBBISH.
On first use (browning Italian meringue) the blowtorch was quite good - easy to light, nice adjustable flame and light weight. Used it today for the SECOND time and mid way through use the trigger to light it won't work any more...its jammed. Also the little switch which locks/unlocks it is stuck.
Due to a technical problem (apparently) Amazon can't replace it, they can only refund!? Yet it says on the description it has a 12 month guarantee - go figure. So I'm left with no blowtorch.

Anybody got any suggestions for another blow torch for me to try out? And one that hopefully lasts longer than one use please.

Very disappointed in the torch and Amazon.

Update....FYI..I splashed out on a Dremel blowtorch. It comes in it own tin with extra bits and bobs ......what a difference....its awesome!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 July 2017
Bought this to replace a cook's blowtorch that I used to use for various DIY projects (rather than its main intended purpose of caramelising Crème Brulee!).

My previous one (which was a little smaller than this) had a 'one-shot' locking trigger (where you had to unlock it after every actuation). It would fire up once you squeezed the trigger and would only stay lit for as long as you held it... whereas with this one, you dial in some gas flow, ignite it by pulling the trigger and then adjust the flame (using the gas flow and burner air vent controls) to what you require (and it will stay lit until you turn the gas flow completely off). That method of operating might not suit some users, but for some applications that I use it for (non-in situ copper pipe soldering, cable heat shrinking, etc.) that's quite useful as it can free up a hand.

Regarding its performance, this torch has quite a high flow rate when opened up and can generate a really high temperature concentrated flame (up to a maximum of 1150°C apparently). Naturally, at its most extreme settings, it uses a lot of gas.. but it's easy enough to refill with just your regular can of butane lighter gas - which you will need as it arrives empty. Also worth noting that when used for prolonged periods, the metal clad nozzle can get very hot (not something my old one had a problem with) to the point where it's definitely a potential skin burn hazard.. but nothing to really worry about if you take all the normal sensible precautions.

To hold, it feels quite chunky via its aluminium grip, but it's fairly light... and it comes with a detachable wide-footprint base (but can actually stand up on its own without it).

Basically, it's a great performing, good value mini blowtorch... and it's certainly better than the one I had before. Also arrived really quick. Hard not to recommend it.
on 23 January 2016
This is a amazing small blowtorch I have used it on my dish from crème brûlée to cooking and charring red peppers. It light weight easy to use and come with Full instructions one thing to rember it does not come already filled with fluid so if you think it not working it need filling up. Small and compact And light weight
on 16 October 2017
really good for working.. i have my own communication company and we deal with fibre optic cable and splicing.. we use this torch on heat shrink when we have spliced a cable to a (as known in the trade) bomb / joint .. Its prfect, it goes upside down and at all sorts of angles, with losing any flame.. Unlike other similar products ..
on 29 August 2017
I purchased this blow torch and it arrived promptly. If you swipe in the illustrations, the sixth one shows clearly what type of butane gas refill canisters to use with this particular blow torch. I bought a 300 ml refill butane canister for a quid from my local high street tobacconist. I found another make for 2 quid at the local cost saver super market. It is easy to use as long as you follow the safety instructions leaflet. I found it useful.
on 15 January 2013
This blow torch is fundamentally a great product, but the poor gas regulator control knob wouldn't work and allow me to use the blow torch.

Sadly, the replacement blow torch suffered from exactly the same problem after just one use, so have decided to go for a DIY-style blow torch instead which has proved to be by far more reliable.

This to me points to very poor quality control knobs, which for a product marketed as a 'professional' product should not happen.

The manufacturer needs to address this, as it is a small detfect which is really letting down what could be a great product.
on 10 May 2016
Purchased this as a replacement, so I knew what to expect. It's a well constructed durable blow torch for use in the kitchen and around the home.
Providing it's not dropped onto a hard surface from a height.
Very good quick efficient service from the supplier
on 17 March 2018
Bought for friends and they were hugely impressed. Easy to use and brilliant for those creme brulès!! We've tried this with some marshmallows and burnt sugar. No gas included.
VINE VOICEon 7 March 2018
First class blow torch - lights first time and searing flame.
Very pleased
on 9 March 2018
Very useful Worth keeping in the kitchen as it is not used every day.