Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Zara Larsson Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 January 2016
I brought this along with a coupler to join this cable to the aux cable in my car. I have a 120gb iPod Classic, and quickly found out without this and just connecting the aux cable to the iPods headphone output that the amplification was really poor. On CDs in the car Volume 24/40 was pretty loud, almost as loud as a live band in the car. Without this cable on the iPod I had to set the volume to max to get anywhere near the same volume. I got by, by having to use an audio editor on my computer to compress the frequencies on each song to gain volume but losing the music dynamics. And with that 32 was considered uncomfortable. But now, music sounded worse and I got a lot of hiss that was very apparent, like an audio cassette.

Enough was enough so I brought this, and reverted back to un-edited music, and now the sound is as loud as CD, and the quality is just as good. Another proof that the iPods headphone amp is lacklustre. Before, I found that even with the iPods eq off; there was a boost in the upper bass range and in the treble range. Now, with the cable the sound is a lot more fuller and a lot less tinnier. You would be hard pressed to notice the difference between an mp3 rip and the original cd now!
on 4 July 2012
After purchasing this item, I have to say that it really is the 'must have' accessory for any gadget lover! Whether I am cruising down the highway or relaxing at home, the line level audio produces a wonderful sound quality. Compatible with the Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad, this product has saved me a lot of money by being so versatile and I would recommend it time and time again!
22 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2012
I must admit I was sceptical about the quality of this item but trusted the reviews and to date I have been pleasantly surprised. The sound quality is good and it is such good value for money. It is not as well made as a true Apple product but then you're not paying Apple prices either. I would recommend this to anybody.
on 26 July 2016
Excellent and very useful,

The reason I use this is for my car although there are other uses.

The wide end is for the previous versions of ipods that used a different wider connector than the newer flash ones. I've got both old a new ipods and have no intention of getting rid of the old ones so I still need ways of connecting it.

The other end is a 3.5mm jack that is used commonly for consumer ear /headphones, mp3 players, laptops, small speakers, etc. So you would use this if you wanted to use your compatible ipod and have the sound coming out of bluetooth speakers or something.

I use it for my car. The other option, which I do with my newer ipod, is to use the 3.5mm straight into the aux socket of my car, from the headphone out of the ipod. Which is fine and I can also do that with my older ipod. But the reason this is better is because the ipod dock connector outputs line level audio, I believe, while the headphone outs are a lower headphone level. What this means is that, via the dock (wide) connector, you get a volume level similar to having the radio one, but when you use the jack connection you have to turn the volume way up on your ipod and the car, so it's all maxed out. This also means that if you hit the radio button or turn it on without thinking, you get a sudden really loud blast of noise because you haven't turned the volume down.

So yeah this is basically extremely useful for that reason I mentioned. Other than that, it arrived quickly and looks nice.

I received mine at a discount in return for an honest review, I hope it has been helpful.
on 18 December 2016
I can now listen to my iPod classic through a Cambridge Audio minx Go and the sound is quite amazing even above the noise of a professional kitchen. Don't know about it's robustness yet but once plugged in it doesn't have to move til after service ( unlike myself).
on 30 January 2017
THIS CONNECTOR WAS JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I HAD MISLAID THE LEAD WHICH CONNECTED MY IPOD TOUCH TO MY TECEVO S100 AND WAS UNABLE TO REPLACE IT. IT NOT ONLY FITTED, IT IMPROVED THE QUALITY AND VOLUME OF THE SOUND AND ALSO THE LEAD WAS MUCH LONGER THAN THAT SUPPLIED WITH MY TECEVO.
on 6 February 2017
Hav'nt been able to play my I-Pod in my car since I bought it in 2009. After many fruitless attempts including advice from Nissan I stumbled across this simple bit of kit. Plug in to auxiliary jack and it works perfectly. Only downside is it does'nt charge while it plays but other than that it's top notch. Very satisfied.
on 24 December 2015
Having bought an alternative Dock Connector for my car, the first one broke within a couple of months which forced me to pay for a new one. In my search for a replacement, I stumbled across the "Decrescent Dock Connector" which, when compared with the other connector, is a great quality product, providing crisp and clear quality sound from my iPod to my car sterero system. Highly recommended.
on 31 May 2015
Because this has the proper ipod adapter for my model, it is so much better recreating the sound quality than with my previous jack type item. I like this so much that I bought another one for my car.
on 12 July 2012
Ideal, been thinking there must be something for sale to connect the Ipod to car stereo auxiliary point. This works well, imagine no different to a named make, and for a lot cheaper. Looks like its made well and will last for some while.