on 2 May 2016
I am a mechanical engineer by trade and I would highly recommend this machine for the price but the reason I have only awarded 4 stars is due to the following.
Firstly, no hand tools provided. After recently purchasing a Kettler Stroker rowing machine and Sole F63 treadmill, where all necessary tools were provided, I was expecting the same with this m/c.
Secondly to compound the above issue the manual states that you require a torque wrench to tighten certain fixings to 25nm; how many people have a torque wrench in their home? I also found that to tighten certain bolts I needed the use of a 10mm socket & ratchet, which again are more ‘special’ tools. The other tools required were a spanner & Phillip’s screwdriver.
Thirdly the screws/bolts were provided in 3 bags, not on a 'marked' card as with the Stroker. This made identification slightly more difficult; I found it best to read/analysis the instructions all the way through and then separate the screws per individual manual step. I was short 2off M8 washers according to their instruction but thankfully had some in my toolbox.
I also damaged 1off M3 Phillip’s screw head during the assembly which will make it very difficult to remove this cover if ever necessary; in my opinion this was due to a poor screw as using Wera Kraftwerk tooling which is the best on the market in my opinion, and had to use reasonable force as screwing into a plastic non threaded bore.
As for the machine itself; it is very rigid, I cannot fault it to date and provides an extremely good workout, much harder than my family and I have expected. Solidly built using the best of German engineering; although I understand this model is actually constructed in the Far East (unlike higher priced Kettler cross trainers) Silent in operation, sturdy upright arms & good range of positions for the footplates. My family have them set furthest back & I personally stand with my toe 50mm-75mm from the front of the footplate.
After 3-5mins you have built up a good sweat and there are a range of positions you can adopt even laying forward on the computer and almost using it like a cycle. An am not an expert on positions & don’t know if this is recommended but it works for me.
Resistant levels are very good and was looking forward initially to 15mins workout but quit after 3-5 mins (puffed) I am 56yrs old and used doing to 400/500 strokes on Rower & 20/30mins running on treadmill, just to give you an idea of my level of fitness. My 21yr old son though makes my workout look like his normal warm up, oh to be young & fit again!
Footnotes:
1. I used the copper slip on all bolts to save any binding and to make it easier to undo if necessary. Copper Grease 70gm - Anti Seize Grease - (From Amazon)
2. I purchased the 2011 model for under £300 on a flash offer, the newer model Sept 2015 is now available; not too much seems to have altered apart from coloured branding.
on 10 January 2014
Solid cross trainer - very happy with it.
It arrived promptly and required 2 people to deliver it, who were very helpful in carrying it up several flights of stairs to where I wanted it. The assembly took a couple of hours but really was straight forward as long as you follow the instructions.
I would have given this 5 stars had the instructions been clearer. They appear to have been translated badly and so it is not clear on how how to set it up. After some trial and error, I have now worked out how to use it and have now worked out which is the best program for me.
One other point to watch out for is that the nuts need to be retightened after a while, as it started to make creaking noises - now re-tightened and not a problem.
All in all a really good machine and once you work out the settings, it performs well.
on 22 January 2014
A bit disappointed to find out that you wouldn't deliver to me only after searching the web to find someone who would and believing till the final phase of checkout that I had found a company that would deliver. Had to arrange delivery to a haulage company and pay the extra once again. After getting my gripe out of the way, I love my trainer. It was fairly easy to assemble although it took me considerably longer to fit than stated. All parts were easy to identify and bar one screwhole all parts fitted easily. Diagrams were well detailed and easy to understand. Setting the on board computer is the only part I found a bit complicated but it hasn't made usage any more difficult. Definitely would recommend
on 25 July 2017
not bad at all This product is very suitable for me, simple design and reasonable price, the product is very good. very good product, especially in such a low price to buy it, I am very happy. these have proved to be reliable Great product. It's everything I wanted Recommend! thanks good product
on 6 April 2013
Delighted with this. Quality and aesthetics were excellent, especially for the price. It needed a strong hand to put it together but is very solid. Great how it links in with my existing heart rate monitor. Good variety of programmes
on 26 July 2014
A great piece of kit. Worth the money. Would've given it 5 stars but for the fact that the pulse sensors are rubbish, just like every other handle mounted pulse sensor on any other machine I've ever used (so I resort to using a wireless chest strap which works fine) and, despite having re-tightened components, there's still squeaks during operation. That said though it does feel very solid and is quieter than cheaper/ flimsier equivalents. I'm very happy with this purchase
on 5 February 2015
Having purchased a Kettler machine, I expected a degree of reasonable quality, but unfortunately, I was very disappointed. While assembling the machine, several of the bolts sheered, rather unexpectedly, using little force with hand tools. The silver circular button on the computer has been attached unevenly so that the button wobbles when turned. After six uses, the machine developed an extremely loud noise. I think the bolts/nuts have come loose, and the plastic covers need to be removed and the nuts re-tightened. I haven't done this yet, and I really am surprised that this has happened. My advice would be to avoid this machine and purchase another brand. I suspect I will end up returning this machine simply because I do not want to have to constantly re-tighten bolts/nuts.
on 5 November 2013
Had some initial hiccups with the delivery service not turning up with the goods.
This was no fault of Sweatband but the courier company that they used.
After some chasing with Sweatband who were absolutely amazing service!!
The item had some problems and Sweatband chase the supplier for a replacement.
The installation took me a little longer than normal (about 2 hours).
overall very satified with the machine, would have preferred a longer stride but still it's
very good , well built and excellent price for the quality.

Would definately buy again from Sweatband just for their amazing, high quality service!!
keep it up!

Jose
on 11 May 2016
Average quality product. After a week start squeaking. To be honest I was expecting better quality product as it is german but I`m not impressed.
on 16 December 2015
4.5 star
would be 5 star of it didn't make the most infuriating squeak with every cycle.
Cannot find any fault with the machine except the above.
Tightened and re tightened a number of times, but the problem stems from the console upright where it enters the base of the unit and is therefore inaccessible and thus incurable.

Great in every other respect. I would recommend if noise is not an issue.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse