Customer reviews

For Services Rendered
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.22

on 14 April 2012
This is the type of book I used to read but don't normally any longer. Having said that it was very well written albeit with a couple of pages containing some strange punctuation.

I tried unsuccessfully to find the original publication date as, even though it was published as a Kindle book this year, the story mentions the 20th century and in parts I thought it more appropriate to the 50s than now.

If you are a PETA member this book might upset you as there are several references to fur coats and jackets none of which had the word "fake" in front of them. The author seems to have a love of pearls which came across in the descriptive passages about clothes and jewellery. The heroine also put on full make-up to go to bed even though she is gorgeous. To me light makeup doesn't include eye shadow and mascara, but each to their own.

The story itself was very good and I loved Nick and Claire and cried buckets at one part, which doesn't often happen to me. It finished quite suddenly without finding out a very important part of the plot although having said that I have just this second realised that it wasn't as important at the end as it was at the beginning. I think I missed the point!

A really good read especially if you are into Cinderella stories. I liked it a lot but because of the aforementioned fur issue could not give it 5 stars.
on 29 May 2015
Really enjoyed this bok .hope there,s a follow-up o n the story .good,light hearted read with not to much inf o rmation of the sex i nvoved ,too explicit sloils,a book for me
on 22 May 2017
Brilliant
on 4 March 2013
Ummm, this book was a little boring and vanilla for me.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Not a steamy dramatic book but an ok love story. A young 40 ish CEO wants a robotic wife to bear him children and make his house a home but he wishes to conduct his marriage like a business transaction!

He has head hunted the lovely Claire to fill this role, she possesses brains, beauty and an ill Mother who needs expensive health care......

With the mix off struggling emotions, stressful baby making and tragedy this partnership has its up and downs, I do wish the ending was better as there is no part 2
on 7 June 2012
I downloaded this book ages ago when it was free to do so and have only just got round to reading it. I was reading too many trashy romance books and took a bit of a break. I fancied some easy reading one evening and found this on my kindle and decided it was time to start reading it.

From very early on I was very interested in the main charaters of this story, Claire and Nick and was hooked to the point of reading way past my betime to get more into the story. I've found it quite hard to put down as it's been an emotional read at points and I love to be moved by a book, not necessarily to tears (there are some sad bits)! I've finished it in 2 days as it's only a quick read, althouh it long enough to get stuck into!

This book is well written with only a few odd mistakes, like 1's instead of I's but it doesn't spoil the book at all. Some of the ideas in the book are a little old fashioned but it's a romance story so to be honest some of the ideas are far fetched to begin with! I think this is part of the charm of this story but if you can't buy into the romance then this isn't the book for you!

If you like traditional style romance books similar to Mills and Boon then you will love this story, there are some explicit scenes in this book but nothing too over the top! I would highly recommend this book to any fans of romance stories.
on 7 April 2012
I enjoyed this book, it was great light holiday reading. Story was good, well-thought out. Thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks very much! :)
on 25 May 2013
Wanted to leave a review, as this book was a good read, and delivered what it said, it isnt raunchy compared to some books today. But if you want to just read a book based on romance and a love story you will enjoy this. It was good and am glad ive read it. Overall I would reommend but may be too tame for some readers.
on 30 May 2013
I love a romantic story and this didn't disappoint . A lovely read. Would love the to see a second book.
on 22 July 2014
Very good writer. Looking forward to reading more of her books
on 29 October 2014
no my kind of book, couldn't bear to finish it