Customer reviews

Stalingrad
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 4 January 2014
Of the 2 new albums, with new singer Mark Tornillo, Blood of Nations is slightly the better, but only slightly. What Accept did between Metal Heart & BotN, I don't know, as they rather faded away in the interval, although I gather it wasn't great. With these two albums, they return very much to the signature sound of their two best albums, Balls to the Wall and Restless & Wild. Even the new singer has been chosen to sound as close to Udo as possible. He shrieks a couple of tones lower than Udo did & has a bit more stylistic range i.e. he can actually sing clean, something Udo always struggled with! To my mind, the best tracks on Stalingrad are the opening two and Revolution. By comparison, I've listed 5 tracks on my BotN review as worthy of mention, so you can see why I think this is just slightly less good. As I don't think BotN is quite worth a 5* rating, Stalingrad inevitably also isn't. But it is a good solid 4* effort.
on 17 August 2015
not for me, but he seems happy enough.
on 23 August 2014
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 23 May 2015
Accept is now as good at in the 80`s! The purchase process went Perfect!
on 15 February 2015
fantastic, true matal music, very energetic and real.
on 24 May 2012
I stopped listening to Accept in the mid 80's, the last album I bought was Metal Heart. German metal in the 80's was fast and heavy and full of attitude. It was also a welcome change to the current crop of NWOBHM that was slowly finding itself in second place thanks to the rising glam metal scene of Los Angeles. I heard a leaked version of the title song, Stalingrad and it blew me away whilst at the same time had me reminicsing about my misplaced youth. This album is really heavy and Accept are really faithful to their origins. My fave songs on this album are Stalingrad, Hung drawn & Quartered and Revolution. They have a very fresh sound whilst still maintaning an original metal sound, this really really is a fantastic album. I am ashamed though to have stopped listening to Accept, I will certainly start to re-explore Accept from where I left off.
10 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 10 May 2012
Cracking follow up album, musically ever so slightly more adept, but bloody brilliant again how do accept do it/? nothing to sy of fo fourteen years ish, and then two Behomoths of Albums all other metal bands take note, you got lots of catching up to do. to get to Accepts level, a definate must have for metal fans...
5 people found this helpful
on 29 August 2012
Wow! What an album! I thought Blood of the Nations was great but this is a step up from that. As good as Restless & Wild and Balls to the Wall. Or dare I say it? Even better. Certainly more modern sounding, and oh so powerful too. If BOTN proved they could still do it then this album raises the bar considerably. Every rock fan should buy this.

The accompanying DVD has some great live cuts too and a couple of videos.
on 12 December 2014
If you are of a certain vintage you'll remember Accept from the early 80's with Udo, the platinum blonde, vertically challenged singer. At that time I loved the guitarwork but despised the singing so didn't follow them. Despite this, and having read great reviews, took a punt and bought Stalingrad.....and was blown away. The guitar work is superb with fiery fretwork runs through every song, ball crushing drum work and fantastic vocals. Every song is a belter with "Hung, Drawn & Quartered", "Shadow Soldiers" and "Twist Of Fate" being my repeat plays. Only query is that my copy came witha different cover and was called "Stalingrad-Brothers In Death"?? No problem though-the music is the same.

Whilst Accept always reminded me of a thrash version of Priest this album definitely has overtones of The Scorpions and, if I didn't know better, would think that Matthias Jabs was playing some of the lead runs. The album is a powerhouse of rock riffs with no fillers, no ballads and no keyboard influenced pop crap, just hard hitting rock songs. Certainly the best album I've bought this year so far. Do yourself a favour and buy it now.
on 11 August 2012
Pretty good, excellent production. The album starts really strong, then gets a bit weak with the songs later on, but the Galley really picks it back up. I'd recommend this.