Customer reviews

on 13 July 2017
The tool was bought on the basis that I would only use it once so the price was the main factor in choosing it. The stated delivery time was 18 to 28 days from order, but it arrived after only 14 days (from mainland China).

The tool is exactly as advertised - a crank puller one on end and a 14mm hex socket (for removal of the crank arm retaining bolts) on the other. Both tools require a 5/8" spanner, as advertised. The threads on the tool did not appear to be particularly well cut but with a little oil applied, the tool worked fine. The puller tool doesn't have any bearing on the business end (unlike some similar more expensive tools) but a couple of 12mm diameter washers inserted between the tool and the bottom-bracket prevented any damage to the bracket (which wasn't really necessary as the bracket was being replaced anyway).

Considering the price of £2.15 including delivery, it would be churlish to criticise it if like me, you only want it for occasional or a single use.
on 27 June 2012
For many years now I have had trouble removing parts from the crank and saw this device on Amazon. I normally have to contend with very old rusty bikes and in the past, after a couple of days of soaking in a rust release agent, I have then even had to resort to using a blow torch to heat the item up to remove it, not a good option for a more modern bike as this method can damage paintwork, etc. I tried this device and it worked very well, just removed the peddle retaining nut, screwed the device, the black bit, into the peddle thread, then attached the chrome section and turned it with the spanner supplied, and it released the peddle. I did also try the device on some very old bikes, however, the construction of these was slightly different and it was unable to break the bond. Not a universal device, but very good for bikes that are not that old.
on 14 July 2013
Excellent price compared to similar items on the Internet, and certainly strong enough for a demanding task. As often commented elsewhere, considerable force needs to be applied when using the device, and the supplied 'bit of bent tin wrench' is never going to be up to the job. In the end I had to use a large adjustable spanner, which worked okay. If only the end of the tool took a standard 1/2" square drive, rather than an obscure hexagonal drive, I would happily give it 6 stars because of its value for money and the excellent build quality.
on 18 May 2013
This is an excellent product that I have used so far two times.

One of the bikes was Brompton folding bike, and the crank was really tight, and I managed to use a longer spanner with this tool, and I was expecting the tool to snap and fall apart - but to my surprise it extracted the crack without any problem or destortion. Good quality, pricision tool at a very very low price. It comes with a short spanner, which I couldn't use it to iunsert enough torque, but a managed to use a longer spanner to do the job. Highly recommended
on 7 March 2017
Easy to use tool. Only down side don't have a clip this size to fit to my tool board!!
on 24 January 2014
This is good. It worked well first time, after I had watched a tutorial video online. Quality seems fine (I'm sure if you paid more, there would be alternatives).

It includes a bonus third piece, a kind of washer with a ball bearing that helps two surfaces to turn against each other, while removing the crank.
on 5 September 2016
It has done the job so I cannot remove a star although I feel wrong saying I love a crank extractor
on 12 May 2017
what can I say it pulls cranks and does it well
on 4 July 2017
Arrived RUSTED!! No kidding. Also the threads are so poorly machined that the tool was completely unusable. You get what you pay for. Buy a decent tool if you value your bike, you're more likely to damage it trying to use a p.o.s like this
on 3 June 2017
The tool appears fine, but the delivery time was two weeks?