on 8 October 2012
Having tried various coffees in my espresso machine, I eventually settled on Taylor's Hot Lava Java, as although it is not actually marketed as an espresso coffee, I found it worked better than others I had tried in my Francis Francis machine which is actually designed around Illy coffee. Whether it is the high caffeine content or the way it is roasted or ground, it is as close as I have got to the coffee I have enjoyed in cafés or restaurants which has always been my aim but had always eluded me. It produces a rich brown crema and the flavour suits my taste prefectly. The only problem is that the word must have gotten around, as my local supermarket has continuously sold out of it, so it was with great delight that I found I was able to obtain it via Amazon, and furthermore at a lower price. Of course it is necessary to buy a sufficient quantity to benefit from the free p&p but that only means buying 3 packs of 3. Problem solved.
on 7 December 2012
This delivery arrived on time and was perfectly timed for me to have a decent cup of strong coffee. I drink mine black with no sugar so taste is important.
I have set my coffee maker up on a time switch and waking up to the aroma of this being brewed gets me out of bed. I have no reason to get up early as I am disabled and a wheelchair user. Its things like this coffee that make a day start (earlier than necessary but still) well. Strength 6 gives me the caffeine kick I need.
Delivered by HDNL as promised by Amazon.
on 7 February 2014
Whilst I was a little put off by the extra strong caffeine content initially (as this was not a particular draw for me) I shouldn't have been. Whilst it is strong coffee it is by no means overpowering. Rich, dark, bittersweet with a light smokiness and a lovely almost fruity tang. I drink a couple of cups of coffee a day so not huge amounts but since buying this I hardly ever touch the Brasilia, Lazy Sunday varieties anymore. I really enjoy this coffee, makes a perfect americano using an AeroPress. Haven't had a proper espresso with it but imagine it would be equally as satisfying. At £9 for three bags its a complete bargain.
on 9 October 2015
I didn't find this coffee as I expected it to be. Maybe it is just me. It is a strong coffee with a hell lot of caffeine for sure but it lacks of aroma. I think that coffee should smell like coffee. This product has a very light taste and smell. I wouldn't buy it again. It has a very nice artwork on the package though.
on 7 October 2013
A friend of mine bought me some of this coffee, and I haven't bothered trying any others since having it!
It's tastes fantastic, is rather strong, but won't leave you shaking with heart palpitations like some other coffees (unless you drink too much!)
Recommended.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 31 January 2014
Taylor’s Hot Lava Java coffee is a great strong coffee. I enjoy it first thing in the morning when I want something to real wake me up. The coffee is rich and aromatic without the bitter aftertaste common to many stronger, espresso type coffees. It is also good value as I find a bag of this will go further than many of the cheaper brands.
on 16 December 2013
Just the design of the packet had me. I love anything that looks like it could be dangerous :-)

I bought 2 packs of 3. Delivery was in the typical Amazon style, where it seems like you've literally just clicked the "Buy" button and there's a knock at the door from a delivery driver with the goods, which came in a well-packaged box. I have to give Amazon kudos for their proficiency.

On to the coffee. On opening one of these, one is greeted with the wonderful aroma of deep-roasted coffee beans; dark, rich, almost liquorice. You know you've bought good coffee just from opening the bag.

The taste is nothing less than I would expect from top-grade coffee. If you like it strong, this is the coffee for you, with a wonderfully smooth texture, good amount of bite and a caffeine kick that'll sizzle for hours. Lovely!
on 14 May 2014
Bought for the Coffee Club at work. This is used in a filter coffee machine and tastes absolutely amazing! Good strong taste without being overbearing and no bitter aftertaste. We are all agreed that this is the coffee we will stick with in the office.
on 28 January 2013
Best coffee going if you like caffeine.Very strong but smooth and satisfying.Gets my day going in abour 90 seconds.Love the multipack system.Have this on a repeat monthly order, saving around £5 on shop prices for the amount we use.
on 26 October 2015
I've been drinking this coffee for years, I usually buy it from TEscos however purchased off amazon as buying 3 packs and getting them delivered straight to th e office seemed to make sense. Having had some intial issues with dlviery (which amazon sorted very quickly) the pack arrived.

3 packs of this coffee lasts me a very long time. An unopened pack keeps the coffee very fesh and the openeed pack gets put in a tupperware box and stored in the small freezer compartment of my mini fridge to keep that up to standard. All in all its good coffee at a reasonable price and it is a great pick me up first thing in the morning when you come into the office (especially on Mondays).