on 8 August 2012
Well BBC doing more 3D since Wimbledon , various parts of the Olympics being sent out on BBC HD in side by side 3D and Eurosport having a dedicated 3D Side by Side channel.

So I bought a Sony Bravia KDL32HX753 from Amazon so that I could see 3D in action.

But the telly currently only seems to do simulated 3D. Which is how I know that the glasses work.

Bought 2 pairs of Sony shuttering glasses in anticipation for a TV that has the side by side and Top and Bottom 3D options greyed out. Well it would have been nice to see the Olympics in 3D - Sony helpline person very helpful but unable to find a fix. Played around with various HDMI leads ( up to 1.4 3D which is for true 3d not side by side which splits the 1920 horizontal pixels into 2 halves of a stereo picture ) , trawled the net for similar problems , factory resets and software updates to no avail. Changing Picture and screen settings that you would expect to alter at the touch of the 3D button , changed manually to no avail. The box and the sales pitch says that it does 3D , the iGuide built into the machine says that it does too.

Picture and sound quality V good and the adjustments you can make will take up many a rainy afternoon.

I just want it to do 3D !!!!
44 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2012
Well its true what they say if you want a good TV you need to pay good money.

Good points

Very easy to set up I have always stopped and asked my self being a computer buff if you got a 40 46 inch TV running at resolution of 1980 * 1080 this would appear blocky due to the size of the screen (Because this represents how many pixels i.e. 1980 Horizontal and 1080 Vertical your actual screen displays). That is certainly not the case with this television, watching a film it was like being at the cinema with clear quality picture. Please note to be able to unlock this TVs full HD 1080p picture quality you need to connect your TV to DVD or Blur Ray player VIA HDMI cable to get full HD when watching a DVD. For me setting up the TV was relatively easy I have not tried the 3D features as I do not have 3D glasses yet so I can not comment on this.

Bad Points

I believe that Sony could have worked on a more detailed instruction manual explaining all the TV features and remote control features on how everything works, you will all so need to tweak few settings to get optional performance i.e I had switch on surround sound, to be honest sound Quality did not blow my socks off (However there may be a setting need tweaking) but come on if you buy a TV this big then you may as well buy a descent surround sound system and that's that problem fixed, Now digital TV can appear little Blocky I believe its not shown at 1080p however if you are viewing the TV from a respected distance set by standards when viewing a TV at 46 inches you will not notice blocky appearance. Navigating the TV system is relatively easy however Sony could have made more documentation on explaining the features how they work.

Important things to note:

To get full HD 1080p picture Quality for films from DVD player you need to connect TV VIA HDMI to your DVD Player if DVD player does not support HDMI then you will not get full HD

Digital TV you may Need to tweak settings to get full 1080 HD viewing however not sure if possible

You need to edit surround sound features in settings tab i.e. sound or better purchase surround sound system

Overall its an excellent TV I am very happy with picture quality and all the smart Apps in use in the TV still play around with settings to get optimal performance But I can certainly recommend this TV from what I have seen so far.
on 14 September 2015
works very well
VINE VOICEon 8 June 2012
Size: 40-inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Sony TV is very impressive indeed. It has a very elegantly designed flat screen, with unobtrusive buttons on the right hand side, and there's an on-screen set up protocol that is easy to follow. The only down side is that I can't get my Sky remote volume control to work with it, which is a fairly minor quibble. The picture and sound quality is very good indeed, even when watching programmes on the internet. It has a very effective link to films available for downloading from Netflix, LoveFilm, Sony etc. What is most impressive perhaps is 3D viewing - the definition is breathtaking. Highly recommended.
on 1 April 2013
Beautiful design, great picture and great functions.... my only complaint would be that the sound quality could be a little better.
on 11 June 2012
I slammed the door to Vogelhausen Towers shut behind me. Three thuds told me the archers were accurate but thankfully too slow. I removed the cloak from around the set. Ah yes, Dr. Jones, this was indeed a treasure; the Sony KDL32HX753BU 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D SMART LED TV with Freeview HD. I had seen a cryptic reference to it on the steps of a sun temple of the Maya that my canine wingman Jasper uncovered last year in Loughborough, and the ancient Belgians used to believe it guarded the entrance to the underworld. But to see it there, dark and deep and wonderful, made my knees tremble more than the leap I had needed to take to get it over the Pit of Serpents.

I found some electricity that I had been saving for a rainy day (when most electricity goes outside, giggling, to dance in the freshness of the cloudburst) and switched the KDL32HX753BU on. What was I most excited about? The HD? The 3D? The Widescreen? The SMART? Well, it burned within me, like a poorly cooked scone ingested too quickly, to know what any of those things was, yes; but I was looking forward to see what "programmes" the Ancients had stored upon it.

In the words of 2001's Dave Bowman: "My God, it's full of stars!". From "Jeremy Kyle USA" to "The Million Pound Drop", all of our beautiful, profound and wondrous human existence is here. And now I find I can watch my favourite shows in three dimensions, such as "Remembering Remembering the Nineties", a top ten show of top tens, and "Becoming Stilton", the award-winning Channel 4 documentary which traces one man's journey as he strives to turn himself into a world-wide luxury cheese industry. The third dimension is particularly helpful as it helps distinguish what is happening on the screen from all the hundreds of thousands of pencil sketches I have placed around Vogelhausen Towers.

All in all then, a great product that I must recommend - but beware the massive swinging swords as you exit the temple!
88 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2013
My choice was between this TV and the equivalent Samsung, and on picture quality maybe the Samsung gets my vote. I gave it a three star because of the condition of the set, particularly the back of it where I guess it had been mounted from for some time. Although I paid very much less for it through the 'Warehouse' it was still a lot for a second hand unit. Does it have the manufacturer's guarantee? There was no paperwork. Should I send it back, I'm still considering that.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse