on 29 September 2013
These look cool & sound great, Though as mentioned previously the volume control -inbuilt microphone is placed too high up / too near your left ear, the Smart control WORKS but you really need to see what functions you are accessing which means looking directly at the phone.
Overall sound quality -very good Though you may need to get A Copy of Power Amp music player from the Google play store for £2.68 as you WILL need a graphic equalizer and Volume / BALANCE CONTROL for your phone .As Sony seem to continue to Never provide one on their mobile devices.
Then IMMEDIATELY Turn DOWN the base. These are rated at 10Hz " Sub-woofer - Frequency" And if played at full Volume WILL Knacker your ears Permanently.
You could end up like a poor little Hamster that had a little snooze and "Suddenly" woke up ;- to find himself inside the speaker stack at a Led Zeppelin concert with John Henry Bonham expertly performing "Moby - Dick" at full volume . Then your going to need a decent earphone case Try the excellent Love My Case /earphone case from Amazon £4.91 . Then Stick some of your favorite tunes on a Sandisk 16 or 32 GB memory card. Turn your phone into a portable entertainment center-- Relax and enjoy.
on 4 October 2017
I came across these headphones on an American HiFi review site. The reviewer rated them so highly that they were included in the best under $50 and also the best under $150 categories! I was looking for some in ear phones so thought at this price why not? Very glad that I did they sound brilliant!
on 17 January 2018
Truly ''tangle-free'' unlike many earphones out there. Very good with clarity, rather than heavy on the bass, but you can solve that by adjusting your phone equalizer. Give them playing time to 'open up'.
on 9 July 2014
I didn't actually realise when I bought this item that the smart button sound control etc only works on sony products and possibly mobile phones. Haven't tried it on my phone yet. I use this headset with my Ipod and the sound is great. I have lots of audio books and the sound is greatly improved. I've listened to some music too and this too is fantastic! I'm not into all the tech stuff and don't understand the terminology anyway but what I do understand is a great sound and this headset provides it. So even if I can't use the integrated controls, I love it and its no hardship to adjust sound on my Ipod.
The only criticism that I have is that it arrived in a jiffy type back with absolutely no instructions
on 5 March 2013
First Impressions --- Just what i was looking for. Work perfectly with my Xperia S. Quick note of caution however, these headphones are designed for the latest NXT range from Sony, not previous models.
The headphones are really solid, the cable is perfect, it won't tear for years to come (Hopefully). Sound quality is brilliant, very loud too =]. Once they are in, you won't be able to hear anything around you, and people around you won't hear your tunes, which is brilliant. They look very good too.

Nothing really i can compare these to, since my last pair of headphones cost me £60 and were used only with my iPod. The cable completely tore and they became unusable (So much for £60 quality).

Defiantly recommend for the Sony NXT users, £40 is quite a bit, but well worth it. Will last a long time.

---------------------------------------------

Update - 28-03-2013

So much for lasting a long time. The left earphone has almost completely died, really disappointing.
on 12 February 2018
These work perfectly with the in line controller sound is great but I just hate the flex !
on 28 May 2016
great quality both in physical build and the audio output. great flat cable design stops them tangling in your pocket. noise cancelling headphones that provide a loud and immersive experience
on 2 September 2014
really are tangle free louder set than the earbuds from apple but the remote controls aren't perfect for iphones
on 5 November 2017
Very ‘tinny’ sound from the headphones, randomly cut out.
on 3 July 2015
You have to shove these so far in your ear to hear bass that they may come out the other side of your head