on 3 April 2012
I run a number of different social media accounts for my company, my photographic work and various voluntary organisations that I work for. I already know quite a lot about social media and I have found the tips in this book very helpful, there's a number of suggestions that I hadn't thought of doing and quite a few that I didn't even know you could do. The book is reader friendly and very good value, it makes social media easier to use, even if you already know how to use social media it is extremely useful as a reminder of what you need to do. I've already started implementing the suggestions in this book on my own accounts and I would definitely recommend it to anybody who uses social media to engage with customers or fans.
on 25 July 2013
I bought The 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Book alongside Likeable Social Media and The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, based on the amount of positive reviews on Amazon and a bit of googling. I was looking for direction for our companies social media marketing efforts. I have had the books for a few days now and feel ready to review.

The 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Book provides a wealth of short tips and explaination of how to engage in social media marketing from a business perspective. It goes through the major networks and it doesn't skip on any details, it takes you through from start to finish - setting up your network page/account to actually using it effectively.

This book is better than the USBMB & Likeable as it provides short snippets of information on using and communicating effectively with your customers, it is therefore easy to dip in and out of, even when flicking through random pages. It explains exactly what it is, what it does and how to get one. Precisely what someone wants who is always short of time and wants to deliver a social marketing strategy. As a bonus is updated every 3 months to include any updated relevant information.
on 8 April 2012
This book was exactly what I wanted. Such simple yet such valuable tips on all forms of social media. An easy and enjoyable read with lots of top tips to take away and implement. This book is extremely current and up to date. I think a lot of the books on social media can go out of date very quickly. Get this book now for lots of simple yet very effective social media tips. Loved it. Worth every penny!
on 17 March 2012
The company I work for recently put me in charge of managing our Facebook profile and I bought this book looking for new ways to reach out to our customers. It was a quick read full of easy, inexpensive, and practical tips that I didn't even think to try before. I will definitely try out some of the suggestions in this book. I would recommend this book for small business owners who don't have the resources to hire a dedicated social media manager and can do it on their own.
on 21 July 2013
A very ambitious book. The advice it contains is useful. It covers a wide range of Social Media, and for me personally that was a slight weakness.
You find yourself reading some great tips about Facebook and then it jumps onto Pinterest and Instagram etc. Because the book tries to introduce and cover what are essentially at heart very similar platforms it gets a bit repetitive.
It could also have benefited from a good proofreader, at least one tip is repeated word for word in one section.
I don't want this to sound unfairly harsh, it is a good book. The author definitely knows his stuff. It is written in a clear, approachable way. I used some of the advice from this book and got some great results.
If you are unsure where to focus your Social Media activity and are after an introduction and some useful advice on a wide variety of platforms then this could be the book for you.
on 6 September 2015
Don't waste your money doing anything with marketing on social media until you have read this book. Andrew has proved to be knowledgeable and in no way greedy in trying to profit form this excellent value book, even offering free updates, online content and videos. Highly recommended.
on 1 October 2015
As a business coach and trainer in a digital Marketing I find this book a really useful resource. I recommend it to my clients and as a user of Social Media for work I've found Andrew's tips and tricks very helpful. Updates are vital to keep pace with this fast-moving world.
on 23 October 2016
This book is brilliant. Having recently taken over the social media of a successful business I needed to get some tips on how to manage multiple social media accounts in the best way possible. It offers some good tips that are easily actionable and although I would say a lot are common sense, I think you don't always think about certain ideas unless they are presented to you.
There are a lot of statistics in this book, and considering it was updated in June 2016 (the version that I have anyway) is really good because it means everything is relevant and you can see comparable results.
It also recommends multiple external sites to have a look at which can help - specifically in terms of getting the most out of your posts by posting about the most relevant topics of the moment.
I downloaded this on Kindle so it's perfect for reading on the go, and it means I can highlight the most important things for later use!
on 18 January 2016
This a like a bible for social media tips and tricks. It covers every large platform that you might want to use and it really walks you through how to get the best out of them, no matter what your level of experience is. It's a great book to stick some post-its in that you can go back to when you need the info again.
on 2 June 2016
I originally borrowed this book from a colleague in hard copy, and I was immediately impressed with the information in it. I didn't consider myself a novice, but within the first chapter picked up two things I had not thought of and did not know. Realising I didn't want to give the book back to my colleague I was happy to find I could buy the Kindle version and that the author updates his book regularly. A definite book to keep handy to refer to.