on 20 July 2017
good
on 24 July 2017
this book gives detailed advice interesting read
on 16 April 2017
Great book, really helped with my uni work!
on 15 January 2014
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Having bought the paperback version, once I was a couple of chapters into reading it, I decided to also then buy the kindle version, as there was so much that I wanted to highlight and revisit. I've been running my own internet based business for a couple of years now, and am active on twitter and facebook. There were so many straightforward tips on how to get the most of social media in this way, that I hadn't even considered. Invaluable.
on 17 May 2017
I'm struggling to understand why this book is receiving such great reviews? At best, it's pretty average and offers very little insight into Social Media other than profile setups. It feels like a feeble attempt to amalgamate a bunch of blog posts under a cover to make a quick buck...

Having just completed this book, I'd advise anyone looking to learn more about Social Media just to read blogs and watch tutorials. Save yourself a couple of quid and buy something else.
on 12 March 2017
Nowehere near as good as I was expecting from the great reviews. Poorly formatted and less informative than I was expecting.
on 22 March 2017
lots of information packed into this book. my only slight criticism is that the print format is not quite right. perhaps too small, squashed into the pages, and could do with a few boxes of info to break up the reams of print. but never the less, lots of information.
i have come lately to social media; I use Facebook to keep in touch with my children, but as a tool for business, I realise that I know too little and am coming to it very late in the day. I have a Facebook page for business, Twitter and a blog and, until recently, had 3 likes and 1 follower. This book has been instructive: not only does it give instructions in what to do, but extends the range of what you can do and the inter-relatedness of social media. For those who are savvy in these things, it will be a useful tool; for people like me, it is probably indispensable. I expect a lot from the instructions and advice that it gives - further feedback to this review might provide further endorsement, but at this point I can only recommend it to anyone who wants to do more with social media to connect and present a message to a wider public. This book has enhanced my understanding of what is possible and for that I give it 5 stars.
on 8 April 2012
This book was exactly what I wanted. Such simple yet such valuable tips on all forms of social media. An easy and enjoyable read with lots of top tips to take away and implement. This book is extremely current and up to date. I think a lot of the books on social media can go out of date very quickly. Get this book now for lots of simple yet very effective social media tips. Loved it. Worth every penny!
on 25 July 2013
I bought The 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Book alongside Likeable Social Media and The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, based on the amount of positive reviews on Amazon and a bit of googling. I was looking for direction for our companies social media marketing efforts. I have had the books for a few days now and feel ready to review.

The 500 Social Media Marketing Tips Book provides a wealth of short tips and explaination of how to engage in social media marketing from a business perspective. It goes through the major networks and it doesn't skip on any details, it takes you through from start to finish - setting up your network page/account to actually using it effectively.

This book is better than the USBMB & Likeable as it provides short snippets of information on using and communicating effectively with your customers, it is therefore easy to dip in and out of, even when flicking through random pages. It explains exactly what it is, what it does and how to get one. Precisely what someone wants who is always short of time and wants to deliver a social marketing strategy. As a bonus is updated every 3 months to include any updated relevant information.