on 30 June 2013
The motherboard is very impressive. It has everything you need for a decent PC. Great value for money.

Positives:
-Supports PCI 3.0
-Supports USB 3.0
-Supports SATA 3 6gb/s which is great for an SSD
-Four memory slots up to 32GB DDR3 RAM
-Seems durable my last Gigabyte board lasted 5 years without any issues and is still going.
-You'll find it hard to get another board that offers the same for a cheaper price
-3D BIOS looks cool and it's easy to tune the system
-Integrated audio and graphics, which is great if you don't have a sound card or graphics card, also has DVI socket.
-Wide choice of 1155 CPU's i3, i5, i7 both 2nd and 3rd generation
-Very easy to build as the board is well labelled or in the instruction booklet

Negatives:
-If you planning on getting a massive overclock like 4.5 Ghz or higher with a i5 3570k, i7 3770k or another K series then try another board. There is no adjustable Vcore option in the BIOS on this board making it difficult reach higher overclocks above 4.2-4.4 Have a look on google to find out more.
-The board only comes with one black SATA 3 cable, where as my previous Gigabyte board came with loads of cables but I suppose that's what for a cheap board like this.
-Seemed to rattle around in the box a bit.

Overall highly recommended.
on 11 January 2014
Pretty good board for a hackintosh. Everything works. Audio is not great - it suffers from electrical interference or ground loops or something. But it's not noticeable unless you maximise the volume, and I doubt any onboard audio chip on any board will ever be high fidelity.
on 23 August 2012
Wow. What a board. This is absolutely fantastic, especially for a first builder like me. Its pretty robust even with a beginner faffing about with it, and is fantastically labelled on the board itself so that even a rookie can manage plugging everything in absolutely fine. It has a sound card on board, HD sound to be precise, and has plenty of expansion slots and 4 RAM slots. And yeah, it does also look pretty cool even if you don't see it too often. The BIOS is also good, has a nice layout and is actually mouse compatible. It also has great performance stats about CPU temperature, board temperature and how much power each component is using.
All in a all a great board, would certainly use again.
on 18 October 2012
Does everything at a great price. The BIOS is amazing looking. The construction seems very good taken care of.
The instructions on the manual include everything you could possibly need. I don't see a reason why someone would
go a higher budget Z77 chipset motherboard when this one is around at 70 pounds. I'd definately recommend it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 February 2013
My last motherboard was a Gigabyte - model GA-EP35-DS4, rev. 2.1 - and it served me nearly five years with ultimate reliability. Nothing wrong with my old motherboard but like any hardware system, features evolve and there comes a time when only the latest motherboards support new features and requirements. For this build, Quad Core and SLAT (Second Level Address Translation) are essential requirements which means a minimum of Intel i5 CPU - and for this I picked the Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0). The choice of motherboard was then an easy one - Gigabyte brand, LGA 1155 Socket, et cetera. This motherboard provided everything I was looking for, and many more, including support for over-clocking (OC) of unlocked CPUs such as the i5-3570K (which are suffixed with the letter K).

Depending on the CPU you use, this motherboard supports an integrated graphics via DVI-D, VGA and HDMI (in my case made possible by Intel HD 4000 graphics core on i5-3570K CPU). The integrated graphics is quite decent but far behind my old nVidia 9800 GT card. The league table at TomsHardware dot com (just google for the whole phrase "Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart") will clarify this point in some detail. On the plus side, when using integrated graphics my desktop is almost silent due to the fact that the nVidia graphics card fan (I must say very noisy) is gone. If you are not using applications that demand high performance GPU (such as gaming and video editing) the integrated graphics is quite adequate and can handle beyond full HD resolution.

Any downsides? I have one although not a deal-breaker. My old motherboard has 8 SATA connectors and gave me the ultimate flexibility to multiplex devices (such as booting up with different OSs by selecting specific drives with a switch such as this). This motherboard has 5 SATA + 1 mSATA. Unless you are using an mSATA SDD, it means you have to get mSATA to SATA adapter which increases the cost by about £10 to £15 to make 6 standard SATA connectors, or alternatively get a SATA port multiplier such as this or this for a slightly or significantly more cost depending on additional SATA ports. If you're prepared to pay more, Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard can provide an easy solution as it has 8 SATA ports (although one port will be switched to mSATA if mSATA port is used and nothing lost). It means I have to reconfigure my system to live with the 6-SATA motherboard which I think is achievable.

If like me you received your board with BIOS version F5, you need to up this to F9 (or even F10 beta) as I have seen BIOS settings under F5 not working as expected. Gigabyte, for instance, indicates that support for 3570K began from version F8 BIOS, but couldn't be sure what I was missing when the machine booted with version F5 BIOS.

If you wondered what 3D BIOS is, it's simply the BIOS text command getting a graphics touch - with 3D BIOS mode the motherboard hardware is shown in 3D graphics. A great idea if it works as expected, but so far it is not a complete replacement for the conventional text based BIOS commands. Press F1 and it will toggle between text mode and 3D mode, so you can make your choice. I have noticed that there are settings that work in one mode but not in the other. The 'Patent Pending' phrase tagged along the 3D BIOS is somewhat deflating as there is nothing significant as the phrase suggests but more of a gimmick (nice to have GUI in BIOS but really not a feat of technology as implied).

In summary, for the price and performance, this is a very good motherboard noting that better choices exist for some additional cost even as small as £10-£20 range.
on 14 February 2014
A good motherboard but not a straight forward bios as my previous asus and can lead you down the wrong paths very easily. Price is still high for what you are getting so take my advise and look at something else for the same price or less
on 24 July 2013
I've built my PC, but I'm not a heavy tweaker. This motherboard has all the necessary ports, and (though I have now upgraded my graphics card), the integrated graphics and audio are perfectly good for almost all use. The 3D BIOS screen is quite nice, but as I said I've had no reason to particularly mess with it - my un-overclocked CPU is perfectly suitable for my needs. The point which stops me from awarding a full five stars is that the integrated graphics was not able to run at full capacity on Ubuntu. I could never get the appropriate Intel drivers to properly install, and so video playback was noticably choppy (hence the new graphics card, for which I can get reliable driver updates). On Windows, however, the integrated graphics posed no problem.
on 11 January 2015
This was to replace my saber tooth z77 board. Big downgrade you might think.

However it has done everything I've needed it to do. As basic as this board may be. It runs my gaming grade PC with no problems what's so ever.

Plenty of slots for all your hardware.

Recomended purchase
on 16 January 2014
This is one of the best motherboards if you plan to create a hackintosh (Mac osx running without the Apple hardware (or price)). Very reliable (not that great if you are looking to overclock though).
on 9 May 2014
I only chose 4 stars for a couple of reasons, otherwise it deserves 5.

Firstly the price of this Motherboard is more than good value, it has most things you may need for everyday computing. Thinking about it, Put a nice graphics card, a decent amount of Ram and a sweet Intel i7 processor on this Motherboard and you could play any game really (If that's you're aim.)

My reason for only giving 4 stars...I am not sure if this is even a motherboard issue but, every now and again my PC switches on for no apparent reason? I have read of this ghostly event happening to others on other Motherboards, I have applied all of the recommended settings and fixes in the forums that I have found. It still happens.

Maybe some brainy person will tell me how to stop it happening? :)