on 21 January 2014
I struggled to enjoy this one. Usually I enjoy work based stories involving powerful men - as this was - but I didn't ever warm to either character and didn't feel any chemistry between them. At times his behaviour bordered on the edge of creepy sexual harassment. Not for me I'm afraid.
on 14 December 2013
This book had/has so much promise, but I felt let down by how the story seemed to sometimes jump to the next phase without any lead into it. I felt the author rushed some parts of it - I can't mention where without giving away the plot! Also there were a number of mistakes! Readers really appreciate writers who take the time to edit a book properly!!
on 28 September 2017
No wonder PA's do not get the respect they deserve. Stereotypical image of PA/EA's.
on 3 January 2014
It was good but did find myself getting bored when I first started to read it, which made me skip pages but ended up going back.
on 10 January 2014
Great if you want a magazine type of story. Not too engaging or exciting. Easy to put down and, pick up where you left off.
on 21 December 2013
The story of revenge a dish best served cold but Cassandra & Dallas are anything but cold. Molten heat vibrates from her job interview as his assistant a job 24/7. It was great to read through the exchanges that shifted from professional to personal and back again. The story flowed & I would highly recommend
on 6 September 2014
not for me
on 18 March 2012
Cassandra Lee doesn't do emotion. Why would you want to feel anything when your son and father have died in horrific circumstances? Why would you want to do anything other than exact revenge on the man you hold responsible for the tragedy? Revenge is her only focus so she studies his business and revamps her image with the aim of becoming his PA and sabotaging his fortune.

And Dallas Mackenzie's wealth is important to him. He's restored his family's fortunes after his father nearly lost everything through drink, violence and deceit. He believes he's inherited his father's violent temper and alcoholism and is determined not to succumb to them. He values honesty above all else and focuses on working hard and avoiding emotional attachment at any cost, even an empty life.

I loved Cassandra and Dallas. Such tension, such chemistry between them. I was gripped with the story and could not wait to finish it. It has been beautifully written and catches your interest immediately. I would recommend this book.
on 13 January 2016
Not read the book yet
on 17 June 2014
got maybe a 1/3rd through this and i just didn't bother going any further, its a free book so no harm in giving it a go, but i just didn't get into it