on 19 August 2012
Does what it says and the oven/microwave is very efficient. Once you learn the symbols it is quite easy to use and the enamel interior is easy to clean.
on 14 December 2012
I bought it as a replacement to my combination (stainless steel) Sanyo, which I have been using for last 7 years. It was still in working order but some white flakes started falling off the grill, so I decided that it was time to get something new and shiny, and most of all, safe.
Well, the Samsung Combination oven arrived promptly and I checked for the differences. The power level is the same, the functions are similar.
What is different, some things are better and some are not so good.
It has black finish, but the door is obviously plastic. The door is open by pulling the plastic handle - so here I see the first weak point.
Next - the turn table dish is slightly bigger with diameter of 32cm (slightly more than a foot). Initially I was a bit concerned, because it turned slowly and seemed to trip. So I filled a big dish (3 litres) with water and it managed to move it okay.
The display is green light on black background - quite visible, so possibly better than my previous lcd display.
The grill is reasonably powerfull - 1250W, but they didn't think about naming the type of the grill. From peeking inside the oven, it must be infrared, which means it doesn't require pre-warming to use.
The sound can be turned off and there is one memory function for your favourite dish. Only one, in 21st century! Never mind, better one than nothing.
In my previous oven, there was a turning knob to increase or decrease settings on the display. Here there are 2 buttons, up and down. By the way, they are physical buttons and not touch sensors.
Summarising - it will do its job, but there is nothing new and nothing to be excited about.
Probably worth its money - but I doubt if it will last 7 years.
on 23 September 2013
You have to press in 30 second bites to get to required time so I can see a button wearing out. You would think there would be a 5 or 10 minute cook increment button. The device itself is fine, heats up quickly and cooks in three styles proficiently. The only other gripe is the turntable turns very jerkily. But hey, for the price what do you expect.
on 15 September 2013
Great product. This is my first combination microwave oven and I think it's brilliant. It's really easy to use and clean. I would definitely recommend it to someone else.
on 6 September 2013
Good points - very easy to keep clean and to use.
Only disadvantage I would have liked to be able to programme in 2 stages of cooking at once.
on 6 February 2014
I am very pleased overall with this combi microwave - it looks good and is very easy to use. It does everything it should do, however, my only small moan is that the oven takes quite a bit longer than a normal oven. Once you have got use to this and adjust times accordingly it is great to use as an extra oven when you either have something small to cook or a big roast that requires another oven.
on 27 March 2014
This is the first combination microwave oven we have purchased replacing a microwave only Panasonic which had lost its power. The users instructions were very clear and we were quickly able to experiment with the grill and convection oven facilities. This oven has broadened our cooking horizons and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to a friend.
on 28 April 2013
When our last combi microwave gave up we were searching for a descent black replacement. This one is ideal, simple to use well made and good value for money. Delivery was on time, In fact I was so pleased that when my mom's also stopped working, I got her one too. She loves it as well and finds it easy to operate. Just the job.
on 28 April 2014
But the oven does not reach the indicated temperature so you will need to extend the cooking time. It is,however easy to keep clean and a valuable space saver as it does the job of a seperate oven and microwave.
on 18 October 2013
Excellent product! Clear instructions for each mode, very easy to get the hang of. Oven and grill features cook well and microwave hearts evenly. Would highly recommend.