on 2 November 2014
Just finished the whole series and would recommend to anybody who loves the genre. The shadowlands are the different versions of the afterlife people go to depending on how they lived their life. Murderers go to the wasteland and suicides go to the dark city and the countryside is like heaven. The sanctum is were the judge lives, who is a bit like god. The story is about Lela, who dies and goes to the countryside but leaves to go to the dark city to rescue her friend who committed suicide, and so starts an adventure with lots of action and some romance.
on 11 May 2017
I enjoyed this story whilst reading it, you could actually visualise all that transpired in the City. The characters were both complicated yet at the same time vulnerable, each in their own way. From start to finish this is one cracking novel.
on 8 September 2016
I enjoyed this, it was different in many ways. I just wish there'd been a bit more romance. I know there were lots of kisses but I kinda wanted more. I'm happy they got a happy for now ending, so I'm quite content to wait for a while before getting and reading the second book in the series.
on 28 August 2017
I loved this book couldn't put it down I'm about to start
The 2nd book in the series can't wait to find out what happens
Next. Not a read for the feint hearted and helps to have an open mind but just my kind of book. Would recommend
on 28 July 2017
Thought it was going to be a hard book to get into but it was easy and got into the story right away it was brilliant .
on 3 September 2016
For such a sensitive subject matter I think this story is truly awesome and heart wrenching. It hits you between the eyes and shows you another world.
on 8 March 2017
This book takes you on a journey to hell, a different hell than I ever expected, a new, unusual and amazing twist due to the type of death you committed
I did not think I would enjoy this as much as I did and would recommend this to any who wish for a twist and an unusual story
on 12 June 2017
I can barely string a sentence together rn but I enjoyed this, I'm a romani Jew and Malachi is... Everything.
I honestly loved him.
on 10 March 2017
ok
on 5 July 2015
Excited story. Some sections even scary. You just wanted to find out what's happening next. Couldn't put the book down.