on 5 July 2013
This clock arrived very quickly from Babla's Jewellery contained in a sturdy cardboard box within a bubblewrap envelope.
It came with a battery with a shelf life date of mid 2015 and a comprehensive, and clear, set of instructions on an A5 sheet of paper.
The clock itself exudes quality and, although of plastic construction, appears to be strong and nicely finished.
I particularly like the 1.5 volt C size battery supplied as this weights the base of the clock nicely, is easy to source and very easy to replace.
The battery door is hinged so there's no chance of losing it or it falling off and there's just enough room beside the battery to store the instructions if folded up.
Unfortunately the clock was unable to set itself by radio because the NPL radio station in Cumbria is offline for planned maintenance at the moment (4 July 2013) but it was easy to set manually and it should pick up the radio signal automatically when the service resumes tomorrow evening.
The clock is almost silent in operation with a slight tick just about audible when within a couple of inches. It's completely silent when the alarm is set as this disables the second hand.
The light, operated by pressing the large bar on top of the clock, stays on for a few seconds and is just enough to see the clock face clearly without being too bright.
The alarm is easily set by a simple on/off slide switch at the side of the clock case and gives out an ascending beep noise which is rather hard to ignore. There's also a five minute snooze function.
Overall a very nice clock indeed and the fast delivery only served to make this particular online shopping experience one of the best.

EDIT. As soon as the radio signal was restored by the NPL the clock reset itself to the correct time within minutes.
on 25 May 2017
Only niggle is that it isn't silent. Surely a clock designed for the bedroom shouldn't tick, no matter how quietly.
on 20 May 2017
Clear face and works well.
on 6 April 2013
Easy to read, extremely simple to set the alarm, unlike our last digital clock which was very complicated. The alarm is clear and precise There is no annoying ticking sound which is definitely a bonus. Great not to think about the time change recently and this was the only clock in the house giving an accurate time. Extremely pleased with this product and would certainly recommend this purchase - you won't be disappointed.
on 30 January 2014
This radio controlled clock may be fine for the Midlands, perhaps London, but for the extreme South West it is not fit for purpose. Whenever the weather is bad, it loses the UK signal and goes to French/European time instead. The only way I can rely on this is to keep it on the windowsill, not the bedside table, so cannot access it during the night.
So if you live in the South West, close to the coast, and are quite happy to wake up to French time, whenever the weather is poor, fine, otherwise avoid this at all costs
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 November 2012
This is radio-controlled, though the description rather hides that, and the best radio-controlled clock I've had.

It's smart and has that Seiko feeling of quality.

It's not noisy, but when you set the alarm, the second hand stops at the 12 position to make it silent! Excellent.

There's a night-light that lasts a couple of seconds when pressed.

The alarm increases in power if you leave it - normally I grab it on the first peep.
on 10 May 2013
I bought this clock after reading the two reviews.My Sister cannot set or control the usual digital radio controlled clocks and neither can I !!!!!!I could not find an analogue clock anywhere.This clock is VERY user friendly.It has one button to set the alarm which then stops the second hand and is silent ! There is one button on the side of the clock to turn the alarm on or off.There is a bar on top to press to light up the clock face at night for about two seconds AND THAT IS IT !!!! A word about Babla's jewellry on line shop -- I had never heard of them and only bought because it was under the Amazon umbrella _ they were superb ! The clock arrived one day after ordering,well packed and with CLEAR instructions on how to return if necessary.I would use them again.I have now ordered another clock for my Sister and two for myself and my Husband.I advise you to try the clock and hope your experience is as good as mine.
on 20 July 2013
It arrived this morning, well wrapped, in mint condition and with its battery. This is truly excellent service.

The clock itself is perfect - a modern radio controlled clock with a timelessly tasteful appearance and utterly simple controls. It's tightly made out of light but high quality materials, with thoughtful and friendly instructions.

The clock is a credit to Seiko, the service is a credit to Babla's, so thank you everyone.
on 12 July 2013
This clock may be traditional to look at but it sports the most modern of nuclear technology inside.

Hence just what I wanted - the best of both worlds!
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2014
This is a really super little clock but there is history behind my experience.

I did not want a Silver one but persisted until I found a Black one and ordered it via Amazon. While it was en-route from Germany I discovered from Seiko UK that it would only work from the German transmitter and hence would be 1 hour fast if it worked at all. I managed to interrupt it's delivery journey fast enough to turn it around for a no-fuss refund.

Further research, and also long experience with my very old Junghans Mega (a model no longer available but which can be set to run from the German transmitter an hour slow) led me to suppose that all might not be lost after all.

As a result I ordered another Black Seiko, model QHR022K, this time from a uk Amazon supplier. It quickly picked up the German transmitter but none of my best efforts would persuade it to run an hour slow. Sadly I sent it back for a full refund, again with no fuss.

I gave up on the colour but still wanted the Seiko clock more than any rivals, and so bought this little Silver one. It works perfectly and merits all the praise and comments from other reviewers. Even the colour has grown on me and I like it a lot.

I remain surprised that the Black version is available for sale in the UK. Caveat emptor !