on 20 May 2014
Pros
Small footprint for speakers
Cables are lengthy for set-ups which require it (thicker than the standard cables from my experience)
Good range of sound (very good for price and size) and volume

Cons
Volume dial is small, may have to fumble to find it
On/off switch integrated with volume dial (personal annoyance)

The waffle
I spent a long time trying to find a new set of speakers which would fit my budget and requirements. I was ultimately persuaded to purchase the Otone Eclipse by this review: [...]

Delivery (Seller)
I've added this separate part to comment upon the seller as some may find it useful, though this is not part of my rating for the product. Seller was Superfi. However, it was a fulfilled by Amazon item; so it is Amazon's service you receive. Personally I have not had a problem with Amazon deliveries over the years no matter who the courier is. Take that for what you will.
on 22 December 2015
These speakers arrived in good time and they were packaged well. I had heard many reviews for this product, all positive of course, but I find the volume level on the high end to be appalling and the bass is pretty bad too. If you have an equaliser then you could tweek the settings to your liking but you'll still find other budget prducts even in the Logitec range to be much better quality than this product. I am not happy with its sound quality but I can't be bothered to go through the hassle of changing them so I'll bring back my old Logitech system which is much cheaper than this brand but much better for gaming and music.
on 18 May 2014
after searching a lot ,i always do anything i buy,find this item only reviewed by e few people,they all said perfect,ii looked other sites for price check they were all out of stock.it did arrived on time.connected,ta dah,.i have sound booster for flat tv called orbitsound so far best on the market,i am honest it is,and this product not much different than that,no hissing no buzzing just like disco turn up highest still clear sound all the way,i was thinking if find this one before i bought my sound booster and connect to the tv would it work?just tought, maybe i could save 200 pound.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 June 2016
Sounds good, but the volume randomly saturates, regardless of the volume knob position (Note: this is from day one). At max volume, it doesn't sound too great, as the low end is overwhelming, and you get the standard hissing. This is particularly annoying as I turn down my laptop volume to compensate, as the speakers will randomly go back to its set volume, then it'll saturate again.. you can see where this is going. Badly made? Maybe; no other reviewers have had this problem. Unlucky customer? Possibly. I can't even open up the satellite, where the volume knob is, to see what's going on..

Also, if the volume is switched off, you get a humming sound from the subwoofer, which you can turn off from the back; a bit inconvenient but not its worst problem.
on 4 January 2015
Good sound look nice but putting the volume control on the side of a speaking and it is not easy to quickly alter volume, using laptop volume is ok unless your on full screen. Recomment for sound quality and looks but would for the volume control.
on 4 August 2015
Excellent ordering and delivery as usual from Amazon. Very surprised with the quality of this inexpensive system. Works well with my laptop and the TV.
on 10 July 2013
I Purchased this system for my new computer,I wanted a good sound system for music and movies. This system delivers both at a reasonable price. The speakers are small but the sound quality is excellent. I had researched first and found this system highly recommended. The only downside is that the speaker stands are rather flimsy, but overall I am impressed and would recommend this product.
2 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2015
Great looking speakers and will do the job for making music on laptop.
on 4 June 2014
Brilliant set of speakers, would recommend to anyone. Great bass and the kids and highs are also nice and clean. Perform far better than you would expect from anything >£150
on 27 February 2014
I am not a sound geek but this kit is Ideal sound system for a pc. I play my music and watch catch up TV good all round speaker unit unit