on 15 December 2012
i have no idea how....but oh my god!
this thing isn't just like a sticky gloop. its tacky to touch, and loses the tackiness when it gets dusty and dirty, but is easily washable under a cold tap and then it's good as new!
to give you an idea of how amazing this thing is, i was expecting it to stick to a mirror on my wall, and slowly fall off along with whatever i stuck to it - but no, as long as you push it onto the surface youre sticking it to, its there. and if you then push a phone onto it (mine is like a cheap iPhone 5 (looks the same but is plastic)) youll struggle getting it off - first time i tried this, i laughed at myself while i wrestled with the Grippy pad, fighting for my phone - which ended with me having half the phone, and the Grippy pad having the backing. I would 100% trust this on my fridge holding my iPad. Of course, its natural instinct to worry, and think "maybe ill put a pillow on the floor under it just incase", but i assure you its unnecessary. In the car i can stick it to my dashboard and stick my phone to it and im pretty sure i could drive along Ye Olde cobblestoned roads and my car would fall apart before the phone fell off.
This thing is a revolution - signs, billboards, fridge doors, offices - are all in the firing line for this kind of technology to be introduced into them - imagine a fridge door where you could stick anything, not just magnets - or billboards which are 1 big grippy pad and can be peeled off and replaced in a few minutes. This kind of technology will go a long way in the future.
It's MEGA!
on 12 June 2013
Very durable and does stick well to my fiat 500, only on the smooth surface area of the dashboard however.
on 8 July 2014
Okay arrived fine, however after leaving the product in the park car for a while, it simply was not too efficient in sticking to car parts. The phone just continues to tumble down.

Reverted to my old holder that vacuum clips to the windscreen at the very place I find it to glance at the screen for both calls and nav.
on 10 July 2013
Pretty good but not as grippy after been washed. I use it in the car for my mp3 player and my phone.
on 1 December 2012
This product does exactly what it says and more, at first I was skeptical at how it could provide sufficient traction to hold my SGSII vertically. Once it arrived I was astonished at its ability to keep it there without problem and so I use it to keep things like my mouse and phone from sliding off my oddly curved desk.

Contrary to what its name would suggest the Grippy pad doesn't keep things in place through having a rough surface but rather through some kind of gecko-like stickiness which I can't describe and provides great suction.

However, despite its amazing ability to keep things in place the surface does become covered in dust after repeatedly placing things on its surface and removing them. But the Grippy pad can easily be removed and cleaned with water without sacrificing any of its stickiness.

I am so satisfied with this product that I am considering buying an additional 4 as gifts.
on 21 February 2014
I brought one of these over a year ago from firebox.com and it was £6 at the time and about £3 delivery. It is honestly one of the best things I have ever brought. I regularly stick my grippy pad to my drawers at the side of my bed and stick my iPod or tablet to the grippy pad to watch films. It stays there as long as I leave it and it doesn't fall. After a couple of weeks it loses its stickiness and so I wash it under running water (hot or cold) and flap it around until it is dry. After this wash, it takes a few hard pulls to unstick things from it!
on 24 April 2014
Got my grippy today and was looking forward to seeing how it would hold my mobile phone so I could see the screen whilst driving. Grippy does not grip to dashboard but does to phone!. I think it is because, like most dashboards, it is not completely smooth.
on 25 June 2014
I have this on the dashboard of my car. It holds my phone or sat nav firm, however, I do find when removing the objects it lifts the mat from dashboard. Not a problem I can put it back. Hope it retains its sticky properties over time
on 20 December 2014
Bought this for my bf who has an Iphone 6 Plus so can only hope that it will work! Product arrived really early so I am giving it 4 stars! Shall be back to update this in January! Thank you for delivering it before xmas!
on 13 May 2014
Another gadget for me..... Working in construction my vehicle gets very dusty, so have to keep washing mat, but a good bit if kit to slap on dashboard. Have used it for mobile phone, pen, air fresher, note pad etc.