Customer reviews

on 11 April 2013
Extremely well told story of the making of Wish You Were Here, lots of extras. Essential watching for any Floyd fan.
on 2 January 2013
This film is a very good insight of the history of one of the most successful Pink Floyd albums. The interviews are quite interesting and it's funny to see how the artists fell victim to their own success. If you're a Floyd fan you should definitely get it.
on 14 June 2012
I watched the one hour BBC4 broadcast recently and it was quite a moving programme. There is some overlap with the "Which Ones Pink" doc from 2006, but a lot of good stuff about the art work and the videos by Gerald Scarfe for the stage show (which I've never seen before).
However the dominating theme is the absence (on more than one level) of Syd Barret. David Gilmour particularly appears to be mustering every ounce of his English reserve to hold back his genuine grief at Syd's fate.
I don't know what the extra 15 minutes will provide, and there don't appear to be any extras, but if you didn't catch it on the BBC then do get hold of a copy.
on 21 June 2016
Brilliant viewing. Great to get a view into the making of my favourite Floyd album.
on 16 June 2015
Buy it. Transfer is good and it's the Floyd!
on 4 June 2015
IF YOU ARE A PINK FLOYD FAN AS I AM YOU WILL ENJOY THIS DOCUMENTARY. I LIKE TO BUY DVDS THAT INTERVIEW THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE BANDS OR WITH LITERATURE I ENJOY WANTING TO KNOW WHAT MOTIVATES A 19TH CENTURY LITERATURE NOVELIST SUCH AS CHARLES DICKENS, LEO TOLSTOY AND MANY OTHERS US AND UK NOVELISTS.
I HAVE A DVD ON "THE SYD BARRETT STORY". AS FOR ME I FIRST ENGAGED WITH PINK FLOYD IN THE EARLY 70'S WITH THE BRILLIANT "DARK SIDE OF THE MOON". I HAVE THE CONCERT FILMED IN 1994 CALLED "PULSE". I BELIEVE IT IS THE BEST CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I HAVE THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE WATCHING AND LISTENING WITH A BOSE MUSIC SYSTEM. BUT I BELIEVE TO BE PRESENT AT THAT CONCERT WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE A OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE WITH ALL THE SPECIAL EFFECTS. JUST TO PUT ON A SHOW WITH THAT TYPE OF TECHNOLOGY WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY EXPENSIVE BUT A EXPERIENCE ONE WOULD NEVER FORGET. I HAVE ALSO SEEN ONE DVD WITH ONE OF THE BAND MEMBERS. I BELIEVE HE WROTE ALL THE LYRICS FOR DARK SIDE OF THE MOON. I EXPECT THE MUSIC WOULD HAVE BEEN A COLLABORATION. THERE IS NO WAY ONE MAN COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENTIRE ABLUM WHICH EVEN 40 YEARS LATER STILL RESONATES AS BRILLIANT. HE MAY HAVE HAD A FALL OUT WITH THE OTHER MEMBERS AS HE WAS TOURING THE US WITH A ALL AMERICAN STUDIO MUSICIANS. WELL LETS FACE IT THERE ARE MANY TRIBUTE BANDS AROUND SUCH AS ABBA, LED ZEPPELIN, EVEN LITTLE RIVER BAND WHO ARE AUSTRALIA BUT ARE UNHAPPY ABOUT THE AMERICAN TRIBUTE BAND. WELL THEY ARE PAID ROYALTIES EVERY TIME THE US BAND PLAY SO WHO CARES. I GUESS THEY SHOULD HAVE ENSURED THEIR BAND NAME COULD NOT BE USED BY OTHERS.
BACK TO PINK FLOYD I LOVE THIS BAND ONE OF MY FAVOURITES WITH GREAT MEMORIES. I CAN REMEMBER LISTENING TO DARK SIDE OF THE MOON AND TUBULAR BELLS WITH FRIENDS. WE WOULD ALL LY DOWN IN A DARK ROOM AND CLOSE OUR EYES AND JUST LISTEN. THIS IS WHAT THIS TYPE OF MUSIC IS MEANT TO BE FOR. SO SOMEONE CAN REALLY LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC AND ENJOY. OF COURSE THE TITAL, WISH YOU WERE HERE IS A SONG DIRECTED AT SYD BARRETT WHO I BELIEVE FROM MEMORY MAY HAVE HAD EITHER A BREAKDOWN OR MAY HAVE SUFFERED FROM SOME SORT OF MENTAL ILLNESS. IT IS VERY SAD REALLY BUT THE GROUP WENT ON AND THEIR LEAD GUITARIST I LOVE. HE IS GREAT AND WELL DESERVES PRAISE.
on 12 June 2016
Just as I expected, I like it.
on 20 April 2015
Was a gift for somebody else
on 13 January 2017