on 24 December 2012
Bought this to use on my PC with with Rocksmith, Windows 7 32-bit installed the driver automatically no problem.

This also works with other software you install to, such as Amplitube or other recording software
on 16 October 2012
Since buying Rocksmith a few weeks ago, my son and I have both played on it a lot.

I bought this second Real Tone cable so that we can play duets together - it works perfectly.

When you select Multiplayer, each player needs their own Playstation controller to select between Guitar/Bass and a couple of other options - then you're up and running.

The screen shows the note stream (or whatever it's called) for each player, one above the other, and you play along as you would in the one player game. The adaptive difficulty is still running, so a better player will have more to do than a learner, but you're essentially playing along together.

A couple of things to note:
1. On PS3, the note stream animation seems a little choppier in mltiplayer mode.
2. When you're doing multiplayer with a child it's important to stress that you're not trying to *beat* each other's scores - you're trying to improve your own playing - otherwise they can get a little disheartened.
on 15 March 2013
I bought the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable on March 1st and received yesterday (14) in Brazil. The delivery was very fast and was not taxed at customs - I saved 50% on the price of the same product comparing to Brazilian sellers.

Already tested on my laptop with Win 7 - 64-bit and it worked perfectly. The only hint is that you may need to disable the other recording devices to make the guitar work and / or run the game in compatibility mode (Windows XP or Vista).

The only negative thing is that the package used by Amazon was a bit fragile and cable box arrived slightly crumpled.
on 19 June 2015
Does what you need to play Rocksmith 2014 which, if you own a dusty guitar, I cannot recommend highly enough. I bought this so that my son and I can play 2 player (which is epic). Still feel Ubisoft are charging way too much for this cable though.
on 4 September 2015
Expensive? Yes. I was lucky to get mine for £20.48 (usually nearer to the £24.99 RRP) with used prices being at or near the price I paid, certainly if you bought Rocksmith original/2014 editions on Steam in a sale (like I did) then £20+ is far too much for what is, essentially, just a USB cable with a sound card chipset at one end and a guitar adaptor at the other.

Now that being said, it is a long cable (11.25ft/3,429m) and thicker than the cheap USB cable I bought to try and doesn't suffer the interference that the cheap one does. However, the "breakaway" design is between the USB connector and the built-in sound chipset - so if you suffer a problem, you will have to replace the entire cable anyway, which defeats the whole purpose. A better idea would have been to have the breakaway design before the sound chipset housing, so as to be able to use alternative guitar cables if needed.

As much as the description claims being able to record at 48Khz, for the purposes of Rocksmith you'll be locked into 16-bit 44.1Khz which leaves recording at 16-bit 48Khz for third-party applications like Audacity. 24-bit recording is not possible (but is with my SoundBlaster, just going through the line-in at that).

It does smart to be held over the barrel like this (as it is effectively an anti-piracy device as well), especially if you have much better audio equipment. Further, this isn't a "get what you pay for" kind of deal but an "overpriced for what it is" kind of deal, so I'd advise waiting for the price to be no more than £20.99, if preferably £19.99 and below, before committing.

But why the four stars? Well it does work well enough, the cable is more than long enough, fairly durable, and opens the way to learning to play the guitar. Just overpriced considering it's a glorified USB cable.
on 10 March 2016
Must have cable for the must have game. The one that came with the game is still going strong but I needed a second one. The second one is exactly the same as the original, which is well made and lasted me a couple of years now with no problems. Incase you're wondering this is a special cable for Rocksmith as it has a little box of tricks nears the usb end the decodes/codes the signal. This same cable works fine with my PS3, Xbox 360, Laptop and desktop pc. In all cases as I was already playing the game, the cable was just plug and play.

I know some people have complained about lag, I've never had that. If you are suffering then adjust your visual settings in the game, reduce the game resolution. I play via HDMI and it doesn't lag at all on the reduced game settings, my laptop is powerful and only a year old. Any lag comes from the game settings and not the cable which is fine. I I would love to play the game in full 1080p etc, but my laptop simply can't cope with it. So reducing the setting does the trick and within five minutes you'll stop noticing the reduced resolution anyway. Rock on Rocksmithers!
review image
on 5 May 2015
Expensive, but it enabled me to play Rocksmith previously bought on steam.

It also doubles up as a good Mac Core-Audio recording interface for Logic Pro and Main stage. Quite low latency when used as a recording device. I wish the Rocksmith Audio drivers on Windows were a little better.
on 23 October 2014
Surprisingly clever bit of kit. As well as being essential as the copy protection for the Rocksmith Game, it's a 1/4" jack TR (mono) to USB audio interface. Works with Audacity, Adobe Audition, Cubase and similar programmes (although not as an ASIO device)
on 6 August 2014
You need this to play Rocksmith. Unfortunately a normal jack-usb won't work (unless you try the workaround found by downloading software on the internet).

Because it's the only cable you can buy of course it is over priced but it works relatively well with very little latency.
on 12 February 2014
Hi! I'm Florian from Romania and i want to say that i was impressed that the product took only 5 days ( including weekend ) from the order day to my Postal Office ( i used Super Saver Delivery ). The cable it's really easy to use: just plug it into my PC, waited a few seconds for the driver to auto-install and then start the game. The package arrived in the best condition.