Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 22 March 2011
Angel was one of my favourite tv series of all time and so when i heard about the graphic novel i was so delighted! It picks up exactly where we left off in the tv series!

Volume 1 contains chapters/issues 1 to 5!

Its hardback and amazing quality!

The illustrations are so freakin amazing! Its very detailed and very easy to get into it just like with the tv series, cant wait to order volume 2!

This is a MUST HAVE for any Angel fan!
on 30 December 2016
The binding on the book was slightly damaged and the corners of the books too. Probably were it's been stored somewhere and pressed against other books maybe? But non the less. It's a lovely comic and the receiver is very happy.
on 8 February 2009
Beautifully packaged with interesting info and artwork along with the comics themselves. Story very good. I was happy to get a continuation to a tv programme I loved. It is quite short and as its a comic doesn't take long to read but at least there is a Vol 2 available and a Vol 3 on the way. I'm not a comic reader myself but enjoyed it all the same. It was interesting to see the actors in comic form.
After reading this book I sort of miss "Angel" even more. As good as the book is as I read I kept thinking "I wish I was watching this as a Season 6 on tv instead of on paper".
on 9 July 2014
Couldn't find the rest of the series.
on 14 October 2009
if you liked angel you will like this official continuation of the series buy it now as it is canon so Joss Whedon has agreed the storyline with the writers and is partly what he envisioned had there been a televised season 6.
on 25 April 2013
Just didn't get this at all. Loved the TV series and have them all on DVD, but these books were just weird. The plot lines were so strange and people popping in and out from the TV series that it all got very confusing! Why Angel would 'tame' the dragon that appeared at the end of the series is beyond me. And the art is below standard - half the time you had to guess who it was you were looking at as they paid no resemblance to the character at all. It's probably because each bit was drawn by different people so there was no continuity. And the extra pictures (art) you got at the back of the books was a joke - half of them looked like they'd been done by 5 year olds. Glad I wasted a gift voucher on this and not hard-earned cash!
on 23 January 2009
Thrown into hell and generally put through the worst the world can throw at him, Angel returns! I loved season 5's finale and was tempted to forgo reading After the Fall completely, but Im really glad I didnt. It has everything Angel and a comic book should have, Angel blends perfectly into a comic book.
on 24 April 2009
When Season 5 of Angel came to a close, like many other fans, I was left both satisfied yet still wanting more. The idea that we'd never know what happened to Angel and the team following the impending battle with legions of hell-hoardes was saddening, especially after the many years following the characters' adventures and development. But now hope is restored, with the release of Angel: After the Fall! This is a series of comics detailing the exploits of the team during the period in which Los Angeles is sucked into Hell, written by the creator of Buffy and Angel, Joss Whedon!

This product is a collection of the first issues of the comics, Angel: After the Fall. It is presented as a book, with 5 comics neatly presented inside. I feel this is preferable to buying the individual monthly comics, mainly due to the presentation. The comics themselves are well-illustrated, and the story is in keeping with the high standard you'd expect from an Angel TV episode. The plot twists are truly breathtaking, and once you've read this Volume, you'll be straight back on here buying Volume 2! A must have for all Angel fans!!
on 15 February 2013
Not quite, this book takes place after the season five finale and it does okay it's hard to capture in comic book format the feel of the show. Now I love the show, even though it featured the two meanest TV moments EVER, the death and transformation of Fred and the death of Wesley. Just no need. I'll continue reading other Angel comic books, eventually, there's plenty to choose from.

For fans of the show I'd recommend this book I expect most fans would enjoy it.
on 3 February 2009
Who'd have thought it? A comic book has actually made me gasp. Along with a huge number of other ATF fans I hadn't picked up a comic in many years - OK decades - before i read this. But, come on, we had to know if any of them made it out of that alley. And they did. Sort of. Only who can bear it - as characters find themselves living their worst nightmares, and worse to come... and so intricately plotted (in typical Whedon style) you'll find yourself revisiting issues for the clues that have been scattered along the way. If you're any kind of an Angel fan you'll have already found your way to ATF. Even if you weren't a fan try it for size. Just pray you dont end up scurrying after every other Angel, Spike and Buffy comic available in the known world, like me. One criticism? Yes - Cordy looking like an emaciated lap dancer. Oh, and Spike ATF? - now there's a major disappointment, he deserves way better. And you'll find it in Spike vs Dracula.Spike vs. Dracula