on 7 February 2018
This book is page after page of apparently witty reflections on a knitter's life. I may take it on holiday and leave it in a hotel library for some unsuspecting traveller to come across. It might make good vacation reading. I think if you really like knitting, you are better doing just that and not reading about it. Not for me, but maybe for someone else.
on 15 May 2015
- writing greatly appreciated by the knitter I bought it for
- I would recommended it as a present to any serious knitter (or anyone becoming a serious knitter) who also has a sense of humour!

PS I offered to the same person 2 more books from same author:
- Yarn Harlot
- Things I learned from knitting
on 22 September 2015
a great little book for your knitting bag or hand bag, when you cant knit you can read about it. the black hole of knitting is so true, you measured your work and it's ex number of inches, knit all night, measure it a gain, and its the same! the black hole of knitting has struck again...
on 27 February 2018
I bought this as a present and the recipient was very pleased with it. She is an avid knitter and loves to read too.
on 10 August 2017
Witty. There are a lot of points where I said 'yes, that's me'.
on 21 October 2017
Some wry observations on the obsession that is knitting.
on 27 January 2013
I just love this little 'pocket book', I didn't know that anecdotes on knitting could be such fun, I haven't finished it yet as I am actually learning to knit, (part of the reason I spotted this book and bought it) I was on Amazon buying books on beginner knitting, simple projects, now I find there is a whole world of 'hidden wool stashes' and 'knitting snobbery' out there just waiting for me to discover! A real find! Some real laughs, even for the non-knitter!
on 7 March 2018
bought as a pressent it went down well
on 17 February 2016
This present was a gift for my mother who's a keen knitter - she tells me it's great for dipping into - and some of it very funny.
on 15 June 2013
it made me laugh a bit, but mostly it made me feel very normal compared to the author - I'm sure she wouldn't be offended when I say she really is something of a freak. Most of us can't actually afford to buy the quantities of yarn she talks about! If you can, and you do, then you'll find a soul sister here. Then again, there are some very perceptive and helpful insights into knitters' psychology as well.
One person found this helpful