on 28 November 2012
I go out walking regularly, and unless you're in sub zero temperatures it can be hard to judge what to wear because if the wind picks up you can be cold, then the next minute it could drop, the clouds part and you're boiled. I tend to find that layers are the trick as opposed to a thick coat of jumper, so this is perfect.

It's not something you're going to wear on top of a t-shirt and be warm on a crisp autumn day, but with a wind-proof jacket, and another long sleeve layer, this is enough to just stop you from being cold, if you have a waterproof jacket for emergencies you've got enough to mix and match for most conditions. It's also light enough to pack away in a small day pack without having to cart around a load of stuff.

Decent value and quality seems good enough. I'd rather buy one of these and replace it every year than pay way more for something that might last me years, but I might not need to wear regularly.
on 7 June 2013
This item seems to get mixed reviews but I suppose it depends on your requirements from it and perception of quality. For me however it fits my needs perfectly as I will use it for 'layering' while out walking, for wearing in the summer if it gets a little chilly in the evening or round the house as others have suggested.

Particularly like the lack of bulk or weight with this garment but that does mean a lighter fabric and a lack of zip pockets or draw cords, which again for me are not essential. Oh and not being fussy about colour I got a bargain by going with black.
on 31 December 2013
Nice and warm and very soft to the touch.

Only downside is that the shoulder cut is a bit off, so looks like an armoured waistcoat rather than something that is sitting comfortably on your shoulders.

Nevertheless the look is different to the feel - you just don't notice its on other than the fact you are nice and snug.
on 29 March 2014
as wrote above, This is ideal for summer evenings as they draw in for security or casual wear to keep the chill off. its a nice light weight body warmer and the fleece is just the same quality. might be thin and light weight but does the job well.
on 12 February 2013
I bought the navy blue fleece in a large size. Unfortunately the large turned out to be way too big for me so I had to return it. This is a bit strange as I also bought the regatta parka in extra large and this turned out to be quite a snug fit. I take a large size from most shops. The quality is good but it was a shame that I had to return it. Even bigger shame was that I had to pay the postage to return it even though the sizing is obviously out of sync with normal clothing brands.
on 21 July 2014
Really useful bit of kit for weather a bit too cool for a full fleece, not quite hot enough for a t shirt on its own. In other words, for the UK weather late spring/summer/early autumn. Good fit with useful zipped pockets and after several months no pilling on the fleece. Bargain, reccomended.
on 3 November 2013
This is a useful item of clothing when worn outdoors under a jacket as
a layer. The garment is well made and washes well too. The fact that it
is thin is a good thing in my view, as this means it isn't bulky, while
warm.

I bought a black one (2011) for around £6 delivered, but for some reason
the other colours are more expensive. I would like another colour, but
don't see the point at more than double the asking price for the one I have.
As they wash and dry easily, I will remain minimalistic. Although, I am
tempted to buy another as the garment is comfortable to wear casually indoors.

For the price, it is very useful. I'd say it's fine and well worth buying.
on 26 May 2014
Great lightweight body warmer brilliant value I ordered wrong size my fault and did a returns Clothes Barn are brilliant all sorted and new one sent out immediately with no extra postage I would highly recommend any thing if you buy it from clothes barn
on 23 March 2014
5 stars for this item, great for when you need extra warmth but need your arms to move freely, warm and lightweight. I'd recommend to anyone who wants to layer their clothing.
on 17 August 2014
Hope the father in law likes this, I do. He's always cold and this is very lightweight. It's good to get such things in a large size. He gets this for Christmas.

See one answered question