on 17 February 2013
i bought this system for my daughter and son in law as a christmas present,they think that this system is superb ,great sound and picture quality,and neat looking too .
on 6 March 2013
Brilliant value for money and it looks and sounds great for an all in one system. The bass is rediculy us, it is very very good! It is loud and deep but not punchy, the sound goes to 40 but I've never had it passed 20 as it is loud. I would totally recommend this system if you're after an all in one rather than separates. You can also attach two other devices such as an iPod via the aux in, and sky via optical in.
on 27 September 2012
fantastic product, easy to set up and all speakers colour coded , the sound is amazing, it goes up to 40 when u select the increase , i have never had above 14 as its so powerful. picture clarity is amazing and clear , and the apps are fantastic, netflix, love film, bbc i player etc is great, wish it was wifi instead of ethernet but just a minor flaw , highly recommended.

I have ordered hundreds of items from amazon in the past but never reviewed an item but i felt i had to with his purchase
33 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2013
i bought this home cinema system based on all the good reviews from amazon.when it turned up (which was delivered early and in exellent condition) i was very impressed with how the system looked.Once all set up, which didnt take long i started to play around with all the settings very very impressed.I would advise you to buy xo o digital optical cable to plug into your tv(if you have the output option on your tv because not only can you listen to dvd through system you can listen to whatever you are watching,and also yo can plug 3.3 mm jack into front for phone.One thing though you have to turn it up above at least 10 to really appreciate the sound ,in my opinion buy this all day long.........
on 9 August 2012
After returning a phillips system because of a grainy picture i decided to match up this system with my lg tv and im glad i did. Controllers and devices link up to make use much more straight forward. The picture is very sharp also the sound is very clear and powerful but without any distortion, the smart features are great too. With only one optical and one hdmi port i think lg could have added one more port for a console but for the money i cant really moan beause this system really is a classy performer indeed. Very pleased.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2013
Having being so disappointed with my cinema surround sound system for many months I decided to replace it. I looked around for ages of course wanting the best for as cheap as I could find. Looking on Amazon I found this system and could not believe the rave reviews it was getting and at a price I could afford. So biting the bullet I purchased the said system. The system was delivered in perfect condition the next day before 1pm. Setting it up was very easy and within the hour I was ready. WOW was I impressed!!! This system get all the stars, the sound quality is the best I have heard, and the picture is perfect and all this for under 200 pounds. I am so pleased I have brought this system. Well done LG you get 5 stars from me.
on 17 December 2013
I never write product reviews but after all the reviews other people did, that helped me decide on this product, I felt it I owed it to others like me who might be deciding on a surround sound system.
I was really looking for a wireless system, but after days of constant looking , couldn't find one in my price bracket.
This LG system is easy to set up, approx 40mins, didn't need to read the disc manual that came with it , as all pretty straight forward, the wires, fit nicely in the slight gap between my hardwood floor & skirting, so hardly noticeable, they are great for a medium size room as really long! I would say the back ones are 30 odd feet, long enough for both to be fed along the one skirting, without having to go over the doorway, to reach behind in each corner of the room.
Great sound, Great picture, I did read a review which mentions buying a seprate XO Digital Optical Cable to run thru a Sky/Virgin Tivo box which Im so glad I did as we now watch film & footy off our Tivo box.
Watched Blue ray films on it which are great, dont have 3d tv, just a 50" Samsung tv about 5 years old which has had its sound "revived" & not used the wireless function on it yet.
I would certainly recommend this to anyone who like me got fed up of reading about all the different models!
on 22 March 2013
My primary reason for purchasing this was to allow me to listem properly to my growing collection of blu-ray and dvd audio discs. My existing blu-ray player is connected direct to my tv so my listening options have been through the tv set (not really designed for it) or headphones (great but not without restrictions), neither allowed me to hear 5.1 mixes. I'd thought of a stand alone amp and speaker set but the cost wasn't justified in my fairly small flat. I chanced upon the reviews here and on another site most of which were strongly positive so I thought why not try it. I'll be frank and say that LG is not a brand I would normally have opted for but I'm very pleasantly surprised with this set. As others have noted the set up is very easy and you can have it out of its box and in action in a very short time with little fuss. In terms of the blu-ray audio it delivers the goods surprisingly well either in stereo or 5.1 (tried it with the Stones "Grrr!" and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon blu-rays). It's got a good well balanced sound even at lowish volume. It's no slouch as a blu-ray player either. In fact, all things considered, this is a great piece of kit for the price.
on 8 February 2013
Decided to buy after looking around for a reasonably priced surround sound system.
After seeing the feedback and reviews decided to go for this system and I haven't been disappointed!
Some reviews said it wasn't really for a gaming system,how wrong are they.
I've used a digital optical cable from the Ps3 and it produces rich 5.1 surround sound with great bass and the vocal clarity from the centre speaker is also very clear.
I've tried quite a few games on it battlefield 2 (great guns and explosions) NHL 13 which makes you feel as if you are in the stadium and the commentary on the game comes through nice and clear as well.
A nice looking system which is all in black and the sub woofer is nice and shiny.
I've wired it to the Internet and it works with no problems,there's not really many apps but that might change in the future.
Blu ray quality is good with nice sharp images,also I've used a USB external hard drive on it with no problems and also a USB stick as well with no problems.
A great system at a great price and I would definitely recommend it!
on 9 May 2013
From LD, Co. Down, N. Ireland:

I bought this system on the strength of its overwhelmingly good reviews to replace a disappointing Sony product. It has now been in use for a few weeks and I'm not at all disappointed.

Because I have impaired hearing on one side, an important plus point for me was the ability to adjust the volume from each loudspeaker individually.

Straightforward setup procedure got it working with a four-year-old LG HDTV in no time. Audio quality is surprisingly good for the price and there's enough output to crack the plaster if that's what turns you on..

Only one small niggle: I had taken it for granted that the unit would have a phone jack, but it hasn't, and I do miss listening to speech radio via my wireless headphones - hence only four stars. But I can live with that - there's plenty of grunt available so I just turn the wick up.