Size: 14 Regular|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£28.90+ Free shipping

on 5 February 2013
Craghopper can be hit or miss quality wise, but these are a hit. Make sure you cool wash as this type of fabric can shrink in hotter washes. Neat fitting, athletic cut, flattering. Not top in the rain, just get wet, doesn't perform like Hagloff for example but Hagloff are 8o quid plus! These are comfortable, flattering leisure / walking / activity trousers for dry days. Or warm climate where a wet shower will dry quickly. I got my normal size 12 but am a slim 12. If you are a bit of a squeeze yourself in size, or want a comfort baggy fit, better go up a size, but otherwise sizing for me was spot on. Regular length good on 5ft 5 for flats/trainers/low heeled walking boots.
11 comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2013
These trousers are in a good quality stretchy material - absolutely essential when clambering over gates and styles. They do not snag when dragged through gorse, brambles etc. They do not lose their shape - staying snug and well fitting, even after washing.
Most unexpected - they repel water! They were tested by some pretty severe weather, and shrugged off the rain: amazing.
I have ordered another 2 pairs, as I have never found any better.
on 19 September 2013
I have short legs with a large rear (bless) so I was sceptical that these would fit me, not many walking trousers do. However, i am absolutely delighted with my purchase. Good fit, good stretch so they are easy to move in. They even make the best of my short rotund figure! If you have similar issues to me I urge you to give them a go. If you have a nice slim athletic figure they will look fabulous while doing the job they were designed for.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 18 October 2015
I bought these for my wife a couple of weeks ago and she is really pleased with them. I have been buying the men's equivalent for a few years now so I was not surprised to see the women's version are just as good. They are perfect for almost all outdoor activities.They are very well made with plenty of stretch and the material is really warm and comfortable. You can wear them all day through rain and sun or whatever with no discomfort. The way the material can stretch is amazing. They fit well 'at rest' and don't look or feel particularly tight but they stretch with you as you walk up hills or scramble over rock faces. They never feel tight or constraining and you never feel as if a seam is going to split or anything like that. They are not waterproof of course, so you do need to carry waterproof over trousers with you, but they dry really quickly if they get wet and somehow they remain very comfortable even when soaking wet. They are lightweight so they are fine for Spring through to Autumn but you would need a winter lined pair for cold weather. They wash really well. You just put them on a standard 40 degree wash and then tumble dry for 5 minutes and they are ready to go. My wife says they are normal fit so you should just go for your normal size. She is size 14 regular and that size fits her perfect. She wears her Kiwi pro stretch pro's with a Craghoppers Inessa Fleece Ladies Jacket. The two go together really well and the combo (a) looks really cool and (b) is really warm and practical. She wears outfits like this for everything from climbing mountains to going down the shops.
As with the men's version you need to watch what you pay. Amazon is generally a lot cheaper than specialist outdoor shops on the high street and there are often considerable variations in price even within Amazon. or store. Even within the Amazon site I found considerable variations in price. 'Warwickshire Clothing' often seem to offer very competitive prices and their delivery is very fast and reliable. My advice is to (a) buy from Amazon and (b) shop around within Amazon.
on 27 February 2016
I Ordered the 14W 31L which is the EXACT same as 14R. 31L doesn't stand for long but for length, and 31 inches is regular. Hope that helps anybody who is confused about size listing.
I am 5ft 7 and length is perfect, even with trainers on. Usually I find long length is too long so opt for regular, then find regular is too short with trainers on. Not in this case, I would say regular is made this length as company has taken into account...yay!
I am a 12 up top and 14-16 on bottom. I'm a big bottom woman! 14 fitted perfect around bottom and thighs. With my top being a 12 I've added a belt so trousers don't slide down, as waist looser.
If you don't have much of a bottom or big thighs you will get away with going down a trouser size, if you prefer a snug waist. Otherwise get your usual size and insert a belt.
I absolutely hate clothes shopping, especial for trousers. I can never feel good when they are off the hanger and on me. I live in leggings and hate my jeans! Well, was expecting these to arrive and feel the same. Hooray not this time! I can bend in all directions without my bum hanging out or the feeling of being restricted. Super comfy and they fit like a glove! Cannot comment on how they wear yet.
The wow factor for me was putting my hand in my left pocket to find a glasses cloth. Wasn't expecting that! It's attached to a piece of elastic to enable you to clean your glasses comfortably. It can be removed to be washed. Genius idea as I wear specs!
Highly recommend you buy a pair!
review image
on 9 October 2013
These walking trousers are very comfortable but also look good! Useful front pockets with zips and the added extra of a cloth to clean glasses/sunglasses attached inside one of the pockets.They are water-repellent.Great value for money and already my favourite walking trousers!
on 9 August 2013
These are excellent walking trousers. I now have a pair in each colour as I love them so much. Because of the stretch in the material they are an excellent fit and extremely comfortable..The size is spot on as normally I am a 10 and size 10 fit perfect. Would highly recommend to anyone. Excellent quality.
on 27 October 2013
The usual high standard from Craghopper and great price and delivery from Amazon. Highly recommend these trousers for walking - so much comfort, flexibility and keep you cool or warm, whichever is required.
on 21 August 2013
I hate walking with flappy trousers and normally use tight fitting running leggings. However, was tempted by these on reading all the positive reviews. Having tried them I must say I agree. They fit nicely but don't pull as you walk as they're quite stretchy. I'm enjoying having pockets at last. And they're good ones with fasteners. They're fairly warm. Would be too warm in the hotter summer temps but fine for anything else. I like that they're slightly water-resistant and can withstand slight showers. If you do get too hot the stretchiness of the fabric means you can fold up the bottoms and they hold at capri or knee length.
on 26 February 2016
Awesome trousers and what a bargain for the short leg version!! I'm 5"3 and the short size are perfect for me (any taller and you'll probably want regular length legs unless you want ankle bashers!) It's really nice to find walking trousers that aren't too long (and my legs actually look longer in these as I don't have a load of material bunched up at my ankles. I'm wearing these to go walking in Scotland in the winter, and as long as I keep on the move my legs don't get too cold. The material is really light so I think they'll be good for the summer too. And the finish on the material is perfect for rainy days - the water just seems to sit on the material and roll off like a ducks back!! They've got a couple of hand zip pockets (including a hidden glasses cleaner quite randomly attached inside a pocket!!) and the stretch of the material gives them a great feminine fit, but also makes them super comfortable for walking in. Top Marks for Craghoppers!