Top critical review
3 people found this helpful
Uncomfortable headphones to wear
on 19 June 2014
I brought these primarily to use for work around my home office and occasionally on business trips.
1. Good sound quality. I didn't buy these for to listen to music but the quality is good, not excellent though)
2. Good build quality. Materials look like they will last a long time, appart from the battery and battery lid, both seem a little flimsy)
3. Noise cancellation works well but does make the sound slightly hollow.
4. Folds flat so its easy to carry. Although it twists side ways, it doesn't allow much other movement.
1. Could not get them to connect to my laptop or home PC using standard bluetooth as they have security locks from work so I can't change the drivers etc. I didn't have this problem with my little Jawbone headset or previous logitech headset. Luckily I brought the BTD500 USB Bluetooth and it pairs straight away, in my view they should include it with the headset. I resent having to pay to get something that should work already.
2. The microphone is very poor. I didn't find many reviews which mention the microphone, but if you plan on using it to make calls then do it in a quiet room. Even on my own, people on the other line said I sounded like I was standing far away, in a busy office, they had problems hearing me.
3. The headset it very very tight. Even my wife who is very petite found them unbearable for more than 10 minutes when she borrowed them for a conference call. Stretching them doesn't really work as there is a metal headband around the top and also the ears themselves are angled inwards with elbows at either side that don't flex preventing them from straightening.
I will prob end up giving this headset away as I find them uncomfortable. I didn't want to make the mistake so I tried a few in store today and will likely end up buying some Bose AE2W for comfort or Philips SHB7000 for cost.