on 2 July 2012
Having tried set-top aerials in the past with zero success I was sceptical despite good reviews. We live on the boundary between East and West Midlands transmitters so signals tend to be poor. Brilliant! Our second TV is now useable in any room in the house, and receives all Freeview channels with perfect reception. One word of advice: the USB port on our TV does not deliver enough current to power the signal booster, but this was easily resolved using a mains powered USB adapter, about £2.50 from Amazon. Happy days.
33 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2017
Fried my TV within minutes of connection with smoke coming out of it. I can't imagine what would have happened if I left the TV unattended and with children nearby. Not worth losing your home and human life to fire for this dangerous product. The repair bill came to £270+ and I am now fighting with Amazon for compensation. Needless to say the seller did not even reply to my email. Buy at your peril. Trading Standards need to have a look into this and I may well take them to court too. Shocking.
on 3 April 2017
Bought this to with the August 9" Digital TV for my mum who is in hospital. To say it's tempremental is an understatement. When if works it's great, but if you touch the lead it loses signal. There are too many wires with the USB power and the aerial connector!! Plus the charger and headphone wires. A great idea, but for an elderly sick parson not a great combination.
on 22 January 2017
Not very effective, was trying to replace an older plastic model also made by August, but this smaller version was very poor at getting a good signal, will stick with the old model.
on 5 April 2017
Work great and its very small so easy to hide great bit of kit
on 10 March 2017
Had to wait a week to get an adapter for Ftype connection. Got it yesterday. Surely now Ftype connectors are more common for DAB reception? Aerial is not as good as a length of wire unamplified for Classic FM, but is better at receiving a weaker signal from radio 3. Overall improvement not as much as I had hoped, but acceptable.
on 14 April 2017
Considering the variable signal strengths etc - this aerial ( for its price & size ) - provides the strongest signal I have experienced
on 8 May 2017
great product and very good service thank you
i will buy again from you have a nice day regard !!
on 23 July 2017
Did'nt function at all, but service from provider was excellent throughout.
on 1 June 2017
Did not work for me but I am in a marginal area for reception.