Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.38

on 5 February 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book,had a good story,and some interesting twists. Well worth a read, funny, and hard to put down.
on 18 June 2017
From the beginning to the end it was a fantastic story with some laugh out loud parts and amusement all the way through
on 14 May 2017
Funny and quirky. It made me need to read to the end...an ending which I couldn't have predicted even if I'd tried
on 28 April 2012
What a book, if you are male and have been through a divorce as the innocent party boy will you love this one. if you like a laugh out loud that is just spot on in its true to life characters and is well-crafted, then this is for you. It does have a few swear words but they are in context and if you have ever been in any of the situations in this book you will no doubt have used the same language yourself. This is a great tale, a fun read and great entertainment. So many times these books end with a girlie `and along comes a rich lover to make everything happy' cliché, but this one just delivers life as it is.
I enjoyed every word, every twist, it is not a book that will make you change your life or think about anything in detail. It is a comedy, a total farce about the misfortunes of others and the potential hilarity that can come about as a result. Life is crap, we all know this, it just starts to go right and some idiot upsets the apple cart, from then on it is all downhill until you see the chance for revenge, an outlet for your misfortune. Read this and you will giggle, laugh and join in with the mischief that unfolds. Anyone who has had a life will see parables and wish that they could have had the `balls' (read the book to understand the joke) to repay those who seek to make life difficult in a similar way.
Great fun.
on 27 April 2017
Found it to be a funny read entertaining the plot matured as it went along with happy unexpected ending although sometimes farfetched!
on 28 April 2012
From the style of the cover and the blurb about the content I had expected a nice read, easy and relaxed in the style of a Hamish Macbeth tale. I was a little shaken therefore to encounter somewhat ripe language within a few pages, especially since my daughter occasionally borrows my Kindle! (She's 24 but I don't want her wondering just how much the menopause is affecting me!)However, on persevering, it seems to be a well written and funny book. I'm still at the beginning of it but I'm hoping it keeps up the hilarity of the first rather expressive chapter.
on 24 June 2012
This was a super book, obviously written by an ex police officer or someone who has spent alot of time with police officers. Great story with great charachters. This book really brought a smile to my face, and the odd tear of laughter too. The central charachter, Insp Brock is superb. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a chuckle. Ex police officers especially will identify with quite a few of the starring officers in the story. Well written C A Marriott and thankyou.
on 10 May 2012
Have read this in a day and loved it. I too was a bit taken aback by the strong language at the start of the book but great to see that the author has now removed this following other readers' feedback.
A great read, quite reminiscent of Tom Sharp. Had me laughing out loud.
Would definitely recommend it.
on 20 May 2013
Inspector Bill Brock and his dog Ben are the main characters in this very amusing book. I never found the language offence in fact quite in keeping with what Bill was going through. More of a late 70s 80s style of policing Bill being banished to Wales. A good read, enjoyable.
on 14 January 2013
Not the usual read and I enjoyed it, but I felt somehow it had slightly missed its mark with its mix of farce, realism, sex, over the top violence and some quite tender emotion which didn't quite come together and gel.

I found Lady Dorothy an interesting and sympathetically well drawn character, but I wasn't always convinced by Brock - especially his final madness - and wondered how he'd reached Inspector rank.

It's a shame about the final excesses in the chemist shop because I think this book could have been the start of a successful series. The Welsh scenes were so well sketched that I could see them as clearly as if I'd been there myself.

I see from previous review that the author reads these comments so let me say thank for removing the c-words because their absence didn't detract, and I noted the following typos.

The good burgers of the town ..... made me laugh. The reference wasn't to meat patties in buns but Burghers

Breach of the shotgun.... - should be breech

Loosing more than just a few pounds - should be losing

There's a grocer's apostrophe in Mother's to breast feed.., and the formatting has gone wrong in the copyright message with each line treaded like an indented paragraph.