on 26 July 2014
This is an excellent first novel by C P Moore. The storyline was gripping and compelled me to read the next page to see what happens. The hero was a well rounded character who is just a normal person (with a sideline as a thief with a Robin Hood complex), who just falls into the middle of a plot by an ancient god to take over the world. I liked the idea that the hero had no knowledge of archaeology or ancient languages this enables the author to explain the concepts behind the story and the research he had done, via the professor and his daughter. I am now waiting in eagerness for the next novel in the series.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 December 2014
Very good follow on from the first book, this one seem to be a lot smoother in the plot and dos'nt contain so much detail ramble. Would recommend good read with plenty of action
on 27 January 2013
An easy to read adventure story which crosses Indiana Jones with the X men. Reincarnated god takes on the good guys with a few superpowers thrown in for good measure..
on 20 March 2013
Really loved this book with its twists and turns .... need to check if there is a follow on cause I want more, need to see highland see how the character develop
on 28 January 2013
This was a very enjoyable read. The storyline was developed well and kept the momentum going. I like this type of book and this is a good example of the genre.
on 8 January 2015
Liked it a lot. Mixing human endeavor with what looks like magic can,t be less than exciting reading. Looking forward to the next adventure.
on 18 January 2013
You can tell that this is the authors first novel and he has yet to fully develop, with a few silly mistakes in transcript. Also at time hard to follow who is saying what. But with that aside the story is good and original with great scope to develop and evolve along with the authors skills, the characters are ok but I am sure they will mature in a second book which there is certainly scope for. Definatly worth the time and effort to read and will purchase the second novel when available.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 February 2015
Just finished reading this one and really enjoyed it...but not one for those that need their story lines believable.
on 6 March 2013
This is just the kind of read I enjoy when I want to relax and let the world go by.
on 14 March 2013
I guess its my own fault but I didnt realise it was super hero type story. It was too unbelievable for me and I stopped reading it after the third chapter. Maybe I will try to read it another time . However it is well written and Im sure many readers will appreciate this book, but sorry its not for me.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse