Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 28 September 2016
Probably the funniest thing I have ever watched. Taped it off BBC2 when I was about 14 not really knowing what it was. Watched it so many times I killed the tape. Then owned a proper VHS version and almost did the same to that. DVD now safely in the cabinet.

One almost a first date with the girl I married, this was mentioned and it turned out she had pretty much done the same. There's always a quote from this lurking somewhere that relates to every day life. That's why Coogan nails it with Paul Calf and Alan Partridge.

BBC replayed it during the last couple of years and there was an additional scene at the back of the cinema/cafe where Paul gets lashed with Fat Bob after getting blown out over the free cinema tickets. I almost cried with joy. Would love to see more deleted scenes.

Excellent cast, brilliant script.

My world would have been sadder without this.
on 2 August 2003
I p!shed myself laughing at this nearly 10 years ago and watching it again......well,
A spark of genius. The more times you watch, the more comedy you see. Characters are brilliant. Look out for the actors who became very famous after this!
Salty Gammon!
on 16 June 2013
After years of waiting, finally released on DVD. IMO Coogan at his best. Not to be missed. Watch out for cameo appearance from Coogan's greatest ever character -Gareth Cheeseman.
on 8 October 2012
As with the previous reviewer I had waited for these to come out on DVD for ages having owned the VHS version.These are two of my favourite ever comedies. Paul Calf and Pauline Calf are genius comedy inventions and these two brilliant films are probably the highlight of their "careers".
How to make "normal" life so funny is Coogan's real talent and the fact we can all relate to what goes on in Paul and Pauline's world just make it even better. So many great lines ("I'm not wearing dead mans pants")it's just brilliant.
on 22 January 2008
This is gold, both of these are two of the funniest, quotable things ever, does anyone have any idea if theres a chance of a dvd ever surfacing?
on 20 August 2010
This film is totally hilarious and I can't understand why it is not available on DVD.....
on 2 July 2013
Again, just like Coogan's Run, Steve Coogan at his best. Playing both Paul and Pauline Calf ('' the terrible twins.'')
Fans of Steve Coogan will love this DVD. Entertaining- right from start to finish. A must see!!
Again, gets the 5 stars!! My favourite in the DVD is: ''Three Fights,Two Weddings & A Funeral.''
on 23 October 2013
Again like everyone else I could not get my head around why this has taken so long to come out on DVD. This is a comedy classic in my opinion better than Alan Partridge(great also). I most certainly rather watch this than watch a certain disgraced ex radio one DJ play Macbeth!
on 31 March 2014
I always thought Paul Calf was funnier than Alan Partridge.
Steve Coogan plays drunken yob Paul Calf, as well as Paul's sister, the slaggy Pauline Calf.
A good cast including John Hannah, Patrick Marber, Sandra Gough and John Thomson.
on 29 November 2013
Just updating my collection from video to DVD. This is a brilliant DVD. A real treat for Coogan fans. I like his Paul and Pauline Calf characters (his best ones in my opinion).