on 8 February 2013
FIRSTLY, this 1-star rating is purely for the price of the Kindle version, and not for the story itelf.
£6.29 Mass Market Paperback (08 Feb 12)
£11.87 Kindle Edition (08 Feb 12)
=================================

Can anyone explain why the kindle version is pretty much double the paperback price? I know the trend is to digital so it was a matter of time before the unethical ripped of the unwary, but really?!

Well, unless I see some kind of reasonable and acceptable explanation for this deplorable action, this will have been the last TSR/Wizards of the Coast book I intend buying.

The money is not the issue, the principle is. I was going to replicate my entire Realms paper- and hard-cover collection with Kindle versions, but certainly won't bother now. For that matter, I strongly doubt I will add any new titles to the paperbook collection either.

Very, very, very disappointed in Ripoffs of the Coast, although rumour has it that I shouldn't be. Rumour has it that their new direction has moved so far from the original Forgotten Realms genre that most, if not all the original and best authors (Salvatore, etc), won't have anything to do with them.
on 4 March 2014
Having read some of the other books in the series I didnt have massive expectations, consequently I wasnt disappointed.

Really these are intended for a less "mature" reader (either in age or reading ability)

Overall its a bit of shame as Ed Greenwood is mostly a better author than this would suggest.

Reminds me of the "paint commercial - does what it says on the tin"
on 16 October 2012
Elminster again .... Ed Greenwood comes back with a masterpiece. If you like the world of forgotten realms (Shadowdale etc)
and the way of writting of Ed Greenwood you have to buy this book.
on 19 March 2015
Well worth a read. Enjoyed it a lot
on 28 June 2013
Ed Greenwood is unlike other fantasy writers. He creates fantastically vivid scenes in the world that he created detailing love, lust, power, and so much more. We see see the continuation of Elminsters mission, and Manshoon's tyranny. New locations, more surprises, and still an entertaining read that introduces new characters. A great addition to the series, and fantastic as a stand alone novel.