on 30 July 2014
Really bad quality. Did not like it at all and bought a original Apple case.
on 2 May 2012
I haven't yet compared it with the official Apple Smart Cover but I can't fault this one at all. Very quick delivery and for the price, very good. I used it to replace my folio-type leather case and this makes the ipad much thinner. I have also ordered a separate case Kolay® The New iPad 3 HD Clear Gel Back Cover Tough TPU Case & Screen Protector for Apple iPad 3 3rd Generation (Works with Smart Cover) for the back of the ipad as it feels a little vunerable without something to protect it (but maybe I am being over-protective).
on 10 May 2012
Needed one of these and didn't want to waste money, ordered on Tuesday received two days later excellent quality in product too
on 18 April 2012
Not the original smart cover.

It might not have the quality of the original smart cover, I haven't used one.
However it looks good, it fits perfectly to the ipad size and sleep / wake up feature works.
The stand function, although a bit weak also works fine.

For the money it costs, you can't go wrong.

I'd say, if you want a smart cover and don't pay the full price, go for it.

Update: The magnets have now completely come apart from the cover after only 4 months of use.
on 13 June 2012
This cover performs exactly like the more expensive Apple product at only a fraction of the cost.

I bought this for my New iPad and it works fine, with the screen waking and sleeping as it should. I've had it for a few weeks now but the toll seems to have been taken as the thread has started to come away at the sides and some of the rigidity has been lost as a stand, this was surprising as I am quite careful with it and use it at home or the office with it safely stored away travelling between.

I would say that if you like the idea of the smart cover but don't want to pay for the Apple version then this product is ideal as for the same money you can buy replacements but if you want a long lasting tidy looking product stick with the Apple smart cover.
on 28 April 2012
For the price it's just as good as the official apple one. Great quality and fit and yes it supports sleep/wake on the new iPad.
Delivery was also VERY quick.
on 20 August 2012
Very good smart-cover. Perfectly fits the iPad and the On/Off function works fine. I've tested it with the NEW iPAD
on 8 June 2012
For that price dont expect Apple beating quality . its overall a good fit. maybe a millimeter or two on the larger side . the magnet is a little weak . but overall its good a nice finish.
on 10 May 2012
I bought this cover for a new iPad 3 and it arrived 7 days ago. I have used on the iPad just around the home.. No serious demanding task for a cover I would have thought. However, the magnetic metal hinge got slightly bent very easily without much force. The cover does not fold back on itself and and hold its shape so it does not work to prop up your iPad as shwn in the images. Then, most recently, the cover has started to fall off as the the magnetic strip has started to pull out of the metal hinge when folding the cover behind the iPad. The remains of the inadequate glue can be seen where it as pulled out from again, very light gentle use.
I am not a complainer and appreciate that this is a cheaper option but it really is poor quality and I will be buying a proper smart cover based on this experience.
on 1 September 2012
I thought this would be perfect but its a loose fit (new ipad) and the front flap doesn't sit as neatly as by normal magnetic cover and separate get case