on 24 November 2012
I was concerned to buy a printer - a big purchase - online without even seeing it anywhere first. There was no need - it is a good product. Small concern is with the size of colour ink cartridges - they look a bit smallish. Another possible issue - it is difficult to scan or print an item like a page in a book - something that is not a flat sheet as printer keeps saying that the cover is open. Scanning a page of a book can only be done if the cover is lifted a bit due to thickness of the book. Got around it but my old printer ( Also an HP) did not have this problem
on 20 January 2013
I am finding this Hp Officejet 6600 eprinter absolutely great so far. I have always tried to buy HP and, even though the cartridges can be expensive, they have tended to last. The joy of this one is the eprinter where l can at last print documents etc of my iPad at the touch of a button.
on 28 June 2013
I was fed up with an Epson SX405, which was supposed to be wireless but wasn't, the software needed updating but there wasn't an update. Added to that it ate cartridges.

The HP worked straight out of the box, connects wirelessly to everything, with the exception of the washing machine, and gives me far superior scanning capability. All told a fast, quiet printer - well worth the money.
on 1 December 2012
I'm retired and do a bit of research and development work from home. When I needed to replace an old printer I did the research with a particular focus on price, performance and ink costs. I've been really pleased with this purchase. Easy to set up and use, Quick, good quality prints. Screen display that tells me what is going on and what is needed.
on 6 March 2013
We bought this to replace a Canon Pixma printer that we have used without a problem for a few years. Decided to choose an Officejet as we run a small buisness from home and thought that this would cope better than the smaller Deskjet printers. Oh how wrong we were! While wating for this printer to be delivered we borrowed our son's little Deskjet 3050a and wish we had just kept that now.
The Officejet 6600 constantly takes in more than one sheet of paper and screws it all up inside.
As for C6 size envelopes (which we use a lot of), well, I don't know how many have been chewed up!
Think a lot of the problems are to do with the front paper feed. Completely put us off buying another HP printer again. Will stick with Canon or Lexmark!
on 7 June 2014
Two other reviewers (Ben and Ramses) have already covered this, but I'm adding another 1-star review anyway. Every few times you turn this printer on, it embarks on a noisy process of "checking device", which lasts several minutes (as they indeed warn you it will on the little screen) and which is infuriating every time it happens. Time is relative, and when you're using a computer, a delay of several minutes, where it's normally just a few seconds, can feel like an eternity. But this isn't the half of it. During every one of these checks - which cannot be bypassed, as far as I'm aware, even by turning off at the mains - it takes it upon itself to check the 4 ink levels (magenta, cyan, yellow, black), and I estimate that around 5-10% of the cartridge capacity is sucked out in the process. For me personally, this has led to a bizarre situation where first my cyan and now my magenta cartridges have run out, in spite of the fact that in the year or so that I've owned the printer, I have only ever printed black & white documents. That's right, folks, I've run out of colour ink despite never having used any. The machine point-blank refuses to let you print - even only in black & white - unless all 4 cartridges are loaded and non-empty, so the only way I could continue with it would be if I was willing to periodically spend tens of pounds on replacement cartridges, which I decidedly am not. I still own an old HP Deskjet 880C printer, so until I replace my crap Officejet 6600, I shall be forced to use that piece of retro technology; they don't make 'em like they used to at HP. I should add, for completeness, that when you do actually print with the 6600, it does a good job, and the scanner is also good, but these good points are outweighed by the unacceptable tomfoolery of the "checking device" and ink draining. I won't pretend to be an expert on printers, but on the basis of my experience with this particular model, I strongly discourage purchasing it. PS, one thing puzzles me: where does all the ink actually go, during the checking? Is there a well or a sponge somewhere inside the machine, into which it's all squirted? I can imagine that after a few years, this storage place would fill to capacity, and the ink thenceforth spill out into the rest of the machine, like a kind of slow-paced ink version of the Magic Porridge Pot.
on 15 September 2015
I have been using this printer for well over a year in a business office environment where documents are printed all day every day and it has never let me down. If you buy the XL cartridges they last ages. It communicates easily with PC either by USB cable or wireless and you can send documents over the internet from anywhere in the world and they instanty print out, even photos from your mobile. the scanning is fairly fool proof but I do have the odd issue where it says "can't find scanner" and you have to re-boot the printer. I even use the fax machine in it (although that is getting less and less now) and that works great too. All in all an excellent workhorse of a primter that doesn't break the bank to keep running.
on 29 June 2013
This is a real bad piece of kit. First it is huge (in size) for what it does. Second, at least every day it starts doing some auto-check that will make it rattle and shake for minutes, while of course being unavailable for printing. I don t know whether it is because I disabled the network connexion, but this is outrageous. Finally, it uses up way more ink than what they say. Such comments are usually met with snickers at the "techno-challenged" by the so-called IT gurus, but I am an engineer with 30 years of experience in computers etc - and I am telling you: this is c***. Not recommended from me.
on 26 August 2014
Worst printer EVER. Listen to the 1 star reviews its appalling. Has a mind of its own, never cancels when requested, takes ages to check status (unrequested) and no way of stopping it. Sucks up 10's of pages of paper at a time then spits out awful print with the pages creased and chewed. Abysmal. I've just come on Amazon t write this review as I've spent 2 hours trying to change the internet connection. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
on 27 February 2013
Great product for the price, it was very easy to set up plus has the added benefit of lots of features. Great for all kinds of mobile devises.