on 12 April 2013
Nice solid weighty construction. Lovely looks. My one gripe, which lost it a star, is the lack of information, on Amazon and the Kitchencraft site, on dimensions. The single most important detail for a coffee tamper is the diameter and yet it is not stated on either site. I eventually went by the measurements given on Ebay (50 & 55mm diameter) before ordering. The Ebay measurements seem to be about right. I judged my portafilter to be 50mm diameter (always difficult to measure diameters without a vernier gauge) and the small end of the tamper fits - just. The embossed "maximum" mark just snags the tamper but I'm hoping that will ease with use.

First tamp was perfect. Second go, I slightly overdid it by having a second stab. I'm sure I'll improve with practice. I'm pretty confident that I'll be getting much more consistent results than I do with the nasty plastic (and too small!) tamper that came with the machine.
on 18 June 2012
I have a Delonghi espresso machine that has an attached tamper. This made a lot of mess when I used it but the coffee it makes is really good. Once I got this tamper it has made a lot of difference to how much mess and waste I was making. I would recommend this if you had the same problem.
on 13 May 2012
Not much to review in fact! The tamper is solid and heavy enough to help pressing the coffe. The metal look is gorgeous and it fits perfectly into my machine bowl. What else could I ask for? :) Totally recommended.
review image review image
on 18 September 2015
I just thought it looked amazing when I bought it at the time but using it and comparing it to a "proper" tamper I soon realized its shortcomings. The option of having two sizes (to make single or double shot) is nice but who makes a single ?

The biggest gripe I have with this tamper is the short edge on the tamper itself so it's unusually wobbly when you're trying to level things out. Other things wrong with this is the bottom is not level, it's crooked on the item I got.

Some people who don't put pressure into tamping might be able to use this but if you want to put even pressure straight on top it's probably recommended to get a shorter one sided tamper.
on 5 May 2014
5 stars plus, in terms of quality, price and purchase experience. This item was as described and even better than I anticipated, especially considering the quality of the item for the price paid. It arrived with lightning speed and has greatly improved my new gaggia baby espresso maker experience. Highly recommended tamper, nice weight, and easy to clean stainless steel.
on 1 July 2012
This product is exactly as described it is made of good quality stainless steel and the exact size for my gaggia classic if ypu want a straight forward coffee tamper this is for you
on 10 March 2016
Well it's a lovely product, but even the smaller size was too big for my standard delonghi espresso maker. So not sure what type of machines these were made for. Perhaps the larger ones you see at coffee shops! Seller kindly and quickly arranged a return's pick up and refund.
on 22 January 2015
It is quite stylish, I really like the design. It is larger than it looks from the pictures, but that allows for a good grip when tamping the coffee. It is quite heavy and the head is slightly convex, which is also nice.

I have a DeLonghi EC155 espresso machine and it fits inside the filter almost perfectly (good enough for an amazing cup of coffee anyway).

It is a bit expensive, but also looks virtually indestructible, so if you don't lose it, you'll have it for life.
on 23 July 2014
Very pretty but too small in size for my Gaggia Classic default filter and also for my bottomless filter.
I read that some prefer it this size, but for me, it produces too little tamping around the edges which can produce spritzing.
It is also not heavy enough for a good tamper.
on 18 January 2014
I am a bit of an amateur barista who likes making espresso from scratch. As anyone who makes coffee this way will tell you a good tamper is essential. I looked at several before going for this one and I'm glad a did. It is everything a good product should be. First off it works. The two ends are different sizes so there is some versatility. It looks good, is durable, easy to look after, and it will last several lifetimes. Best of all it is very inexpensive compared to the fancy ones with beautiful wooden handles. Honestly I can't think why tampers are made any other way.