Customer reviews

Radlands
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2012
I absolutely love the Mystery Jets but was initially disappointed with this album. I persevered and kept listening and it has grown on me massively. Now I think it has all the hallmarks of their previous stuff - epic vocals and multiple layers to every song. I get more out of it with every listen. I still wouldn't put it above their previous albums but it isn't too much below either. I look forward to seeing where they go with the next album.
on 23 January 2014
This item was purchased as a present. After placing the order I was informed that the item had been despatched and arrived well packed before the designated delivery date. I would have no hesitation in recommending this distributer.
on 27 August 2012
Another great Album from mystery Jets!
Although there sound has diverted on this record! they have experimented with a kind of American 70's folk rock! & have pulled it off again.
In my opinion they go from strength to strength! & it seems there really enjoying themselves on this record.
I would highly recommend this Album! i bought it on vinyl' sounds fantastic With quality gatefold cover.

Jono
on 4 December 2015
Amazing! Different sound compared to their other albums. Very upbeat, and melodical.
on 8 December 2012
YET ANOTHER MASTER CD FROM THE JETS, THEY JUST GET BETTER AND BETTER, WOULD LOVE THEM TO MAKE A BIG IMPACT ON POPULAR RADIO IN 2013. GREAT SERVICE AS WELL WITH DELIVERY
on 5 February 2016
True mystery jets style x
on 19 November 2013
This is a must have essential for any mystery jets fan, radlands is one of there best and sounds incredible on vinyl!
on 28 May 2012
This is the first album I have purchased by Mystery Jets and I am blown away by it! I cant stop listening to it, bouncing around to it and I have now actually bought two (one for the car) as I love driving to it. Its refreshingly honest and clever. Just love it - big new fan of Mystery Jets as a result. Brilliant.....

There is a duet on the album with Sophie-Rose Harper and its sooooooooo beautiful and loving and I know all the words now! So, yes, I just love this album. Thanks to Mystery Jets for being so creative.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 January 2014
A small nugget of knowledge but if you didn't already know "Radlands" is what the Americans refer to as the place where they store their nuclear arsenal in Texas...

In England I believe we use Scotland (as far away from the riches of the commons as possible)..might possibly be why Scotland is having a referendum for independence as they want to sign the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons treaty that Germany's on.
So if that goes ahead I imagine we'll send Trident to live in Northern Ireland..

Anyway the tape..

So a review of this album: If you need my opinion to help you decide on whether to purchase this tape then its probably not for you...

Unless you've never heard the Mystery Jets!

In which case I would thoroughly recommend getting up to speed with who they are by purchasing their prior releases in succession:

1)Making Dens.............2)21...........3)Seratonin...............Then Youtube "the Count & Sinden with the Mysetry Jetts" After Dark...

Then Buy This tape....

Each of their records are completely different in style and composition so listening to just one won't be enough to see they're unique style. I think they like the idea of completely playing across genres so that each time they give you something new that you couldn't have possibly expected..

If you spend a bit of time with these tapes you'll recognise that these guys have done fantastically well to make such excellent albums in such completely unique styles and in succession...

..But this is just my opinion, Jeff Capes may disagree..
on 26 December 2014
If you've owned this LP on Mp3 or CD you really haven't done the band justice. This is a joy to listen to on Vinyl, really sets the ears alight. This album has the feel and sound of a classic, with the bands influences clear, not least in the name dropping of Greatest Hits, but from what i previously thought were great tunes having had a new aural experience through this 180gs (probably closer to 360g as it's a double LP) of black wax, Sister Everett & The ballard fro Emerson Lonestar, are the real show stoppers. If you thought that the age of a truley great Lp, that you have to keep returning to was over, this might just give you hope?