on 30 January 2013
Excellent quality TV, thinner and lighter than a sony bravo I bought a year or so ago and picture / sound quality easily as good. As other reviewers have mentioned the lack of headphone socket and only one scart possibly a drawback for some but for the price well worthwhile if you can live without these features,anyway a cheap 3 to 1 scart adapter solves that issue. Another good feature which my Brava and big Panasonic doesn't have is that the TV horizontally rotates through a limited span which is very useful for minor angular viewing adjustment without actually moving TV.
Delivery however was disappointing, I paid for express [before 1pm delivery promised] as this was a present for in laws and wife intended taking it over to her folks at lunchtime and it arrived over an hour late...by which time she'd gone...small issue you may say but paid extra for the advertised premium rate service and let down....Citilink! Won't be falling for that one again. My advice order a bit earlier and opt for the free delivery!....wish we had.
on 6 February 2013
We were looking for a TV to go in the bedroom, and came across this LG at £200 on Amazon. Hadn't seen a 32" set that cheap so decided to give it a go. Having given it a thorough test, my observations are as follows:

Plus points

Great TV for the price
Pretty good picture
Sound very acceptable for a flat screen TV
Easy to set up and use
Has 2 HDMI inputs

Minus points

Obviously an old design (we have had several LG sets)
Not full HD (720p not 1080p)
No optical audio out

As Sky is only broadcast in 720p, the resolution would only be an issue if you want to hook a blu ray player or X-Box up. Otherwise, great TV. Would have given it 3 stars but an extra one added because of the value for money!
|44 Comments|Report abuse
on 26 July 2013
LG Standing for Lifes Good and they are spot on!

This TV has been with me for nearly a Year and not once have i thought "i need a new TV"

Bought this last year (November i think) to replace my old 22" CRT that had just died, was originally only looking for a 26" but this actually worked out around £12 cheaper so thought "Why not?".

also purchased Amazon Prime to get it delivered a little quicker as after reading reviews i saw that some people were waiting for up to a week.

went to work the next day got home at 4pm and it was already sat in the hallway waiting for me.

The TV has 2 HDMI sockets, a 6 point component, a 3 point Composite, Scart & A USB socket as well as a PCMIA Card slot for watching top up TV etc.

It was extremely easy to set up , Looks amazing (as it has a wood effect but in black) and the picture is just superb even in standard definition.

This TV is truly amazing value for money i do not think it is possible to find any thing better at a better cost.

i now use it for my Xbox and as my main PC Monitor.

One downside! (it doesn't have a headphone socket)
on 27 February 2013
I got this TV as an upgrade from my Toshiba 32AV555 (32").
I wanted a big TV, and I saw this one.
I read the reviews about the fact that you cannot connect surround sound system.
I bought it knowing it, and I am highly satisfied. The picture is really neat and clear!
And the sound is really good as it is! My last 2 LCD TV had a very crappy sound, very tinny and boxy. The sound on this one is very well balanced, and the voice enhance feature works great!
The 1 scart socket slot doesn't bother me, since nowadays, everything is HDMI.
It'll bother you if you want to plus your VCR and your Sega Mega drive at the same time, that is true. But then you can buy a Scart splitter for cheap...

Let's face it: a 42" for less than £300?
You definitely cannot go wrong with this one.

I highly recommend it. This TV has impressed me on every point. For cheap.
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2013
I was a little doubtful about buying such a cheap TV but was persuaded by the excellent reviews both on Amazon and elsewhere and decided to take the risk. I'm so glad I did - this TV replaces a 4 year old 32-inch Sony LCD TV which, whilst it still works, is too small for our living room and takes an age to start up. The LG comes on instantly and the picture, to me at least, is excellent quality. I have no interest in 3D but standard blurays look brilliant on this larger screen - rendered at full 1080p.

We've been using it for a month now and the novelty of the larger screensize has worn off - the TV is just the right size for our average-sized living room, large enough without totally dominating. Overall, an excellent choice with no obvious signs of corners cut - except perhaps the sound which is a little weedy.
on 23 May 2013
That's exactly what we want from a television...I do not watch TV very much, but I do like a good picture and good sound, The quality outstanding for the price.

I sent for this TV as I was still using a very old model in a cabinet, thought I should come up to the present day, The size is just ideal for the TV room 16X9 any bigger it would look too much.

The Television came two days after ordering and I live in France...How good is that!
There is no real setting up as such, just plug in and the set does the rest for you.

All in all, I think this will be one of the best purchases I have made this year! I will mention that there is only one scart lead socket on the back, but there are numerous other sockets that can be used.
on 31 December 2012
i bought this for my sons room, he uses it for gaming, hence i wanted a decent sized screen and decent picture quality . Most of the reviews I read whilst researching said that this tv was very good quality and value for money - they were absolutely right! the picture is very sharp, and the sound quality is good too. Its a 26 inch tv, so it doesnt dominate the room even though he has a small room - I thikn I picked just the right size. I also really like the fact that you can plug a USB into it to watch movies etc - this feature saves so much space in place of a DVD player. I haven't tuned in the channels as yet as I'm waiting for delivery of an aerial for it, but tha'ts not a problem as he mainly uses it for gaming anyway, however the TV does come with built in freeview. I think this tv is very good value for money, especially as the price is so reasonable.
on 18 January 2013
Great telly. HD freeview quality is superb with an HD box and very good in SD as well. I find the sound excellent but to be fair it's in a small room. Just a brilliant TV and for the price I'm well chuffed. Not long ago this kind of TV was many hundreds more but now it's within most people's reach.
HDMI means I can hook it up to my PC and turn it into a smart TV. There's even an app to make my Android tablet into a remote for the PC although you can do that with any TV with HDMI indput. Great picture and an all-round winner. The only downside is just a 1 year warranty but you can up this to 5 years (don't know how much that is).
Looks fine - it's just a large black slab when off. When on it's all you could want until the latest standard 4K comes in, which will be a while.
on 15 June 2013
This is a beautifully built LG TV that has decent speakers. It also has a USB input. You can connect your external hdd/ flash drive into the TV and play videos/ movies stored on them. It happily plays all industry standard formats (including divx, mkv and mp4) except DTS. It was a huge blow for me when I first found out, but then I just worked around it by building my very own HTPC. It would have been nice if LG had paid the license fee to support DTS, even if this product was £10-20 more expensive as a result. I would have been more than happy to pay for that since DTS is more or less everywhere these days.

All in all, its a great product worth trying. I bought it for £300 not more than 6 months ago.
on 22 April 2013
top class product at a great price.
Bought this for my bedroom, and the sound and picture is great. I especially like the USB input, as i cant be bothered with DVDs any more, just plug the stick in and away ye go. Havent tried any HD features except the free sky HD channels, and although the formula 1 looks very good on the HD i cant really comment any further.
Amazon have done a great job again, supplying this kind of product at great prices. Why anyone would bother with High streets any more is beyond me, and Amazons super saver delivery is awesome, I regularly receive my amazon stuff long before other stuff ive paid handsome delivery charges for supposed 1st class delivery on!!
Top job Amazon, and well done LG on this cracking Tv.