Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 28 April 2012
THE MAGIC OF FINKLETON set the scene, but WOW oh WOW we are sent into another world of time travel and adventures beyond compare - literally!! Having narrated the first book, I was naturally curious as the childrens next adventure plus the introduction of some brilliant created and thought out new characters - a real lovely challenge for a narrator. Robert still lags behind his brother and sister and after several new and exciting "discoveries" along the way he makes a dreadful mistake unleashing a set of circumstances that seem irrevicable! However, something thay all agreed to never meddle with takes him on brave, lonely and courageous journey of time travel! How can Mr.Lowsely be stopped THIS time? Why does Miss.Caroline wink at him in the past and present? And the staircase into the abyss! The magic of Finkleton was the starter, KC HIlton has now supplied the meat and two veg meal with this runaway epic!!! Any child and adult will be taken away from their woes and current economic climate and this beauty will bring sunshine into anyone's life! I badger her to write finish SAVING Finkleton! For there's something magical in them there trees?!

Jonathan Evans
Narrator - Return to Finkleton.
on 11 January 2015
Absolutely brilliant the author has a magical touch herself putting this lovely book onto paper for us all to wonder and enjoy cannot wait for the next book only wish they were longer :( but absolutely awesome
on 26 May 2014
"Not as good as the first one," according to my seven-year-old daughter. "It was still really good, though. He goes forward in time to when they're older in this village called Finkleton and doesn't know what has happened in between times."
on 14 April 2014
I have really enjoyed these books nice light and a fun fantasy story to read. I would recommend these books to anyone that wants to start reading books rather then magazines and papers and their attention span is short, these books are perfect as they are a very easy read.
on 6 February 2013
Book is very good it is a book of magic and fantasy and a great book to read out to children of any age including adults the series is excellent I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone
on 26 June 2013
This book really made me smile and wonder it was exiting and made em like to read on,

I wasn't very intrigued by the first bit o f words but when I carried on it was brilliant
on 4 April 2012
This is my extremely rambly review from Goodreads... :)

I read this book on a plane sometime in the abyss between March 10th and 12th, so I'm just gonna say it was the 11th because I can't recall exactly when I read it (though I think it might even have been at KL airport, which was on the 11th) and the timezones were changing madly anyway, so who knows really what date went with what day? I mean, I flew out of London on 10pm Saturday and 24 hours later it was 9am Monday in Melbourne. And this is why I keep waking up at 5am and crashing by like 8:30.

BUT I DIGRESS.

This book is awesome!! I loved the first book in the series, but I think I might have actually liked this one even more. Omg, I don't know. It's the perfect follow-up, though. The perfect second novel, while the first one was the perfect first/introduction. It's very fast-paced and gripping, and everything fits together so neatly. I didn't want to put it down. So I didn't! It's just the right length to read all in one sitting :D And still has that lovely Enid Blyton-esque charm to it, and still makes me think that this would make a freakin' awesome TV series. And today (April 4) I was just telling my mother all about the books and she agrees with me too that they have that similar 'feel' to all the shows we watched together when I was younger! Kind of like Mirror, Mirror - especially when you factor in the time travel part!
on 14 June 2014
I love reading this series - it is just too short. I would like to see a bigger book next time. Excellent read for younger children.
on 2 January 2014
Better than the last hopefully the next one is even better starting to get interesting. Finkleton and the fairies sounds mischievous.
on 24 August 2013
Very good book lovely story for bedtime reading, the kids loved the characters the story is wonderfully imaginative I enjoyed it to