Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 4 December 2012
Despite the lower than HD resolution, I'm happy with both the picture quality and sound. It's slim, lightweight and easy to hook up although I did get a surprise as my dvd player is also Panasonic and the two now work well in harmony, switching on and off together without me having to use both remotes. I've yet to try hooking it up to the rest of the home network (as it will have to be connected with 50metres of cabling due to the inordinately hefty construction of our house) but will update review then.
on 13 December 2012
I really like the TV, it gives a great picture, especially standard def. You don't get the blockiness and artifacts that you do with lcd.
Thing is, it's dim. I know this is the thing with plasma's and I had read it beforehand so was expecting it. It has taken a while to get used to it though after looking at lcd for all these years. Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly acceptable brightness, it's just that you realise lcd and led tv's give off a lot more light. Whites especially always appear to be slightly grey. I'm not that fussed anymore but to start with I was really tempted to send it back. As I said, you get used to it.
If you're thinking about it then I would really recommend seeing if you can see it on show before you take the plunge. It might not be to everybody's liking. But if you can get past it then it's a great TV.
on 26 November 2013
Bought this to replace our main TV. Big screen, reasonable quality, but using the EPG cuts the transmission, so whenever you want to see what else is on, you stop watching anything, until you choose something else...... small gripe, but annoying if you're just channel hopping. Worse still, the digital input port has snapped (it relies upon a little plastic molding to keep the digital sound cable in), so now, even trying to use sticky tape, it wont stay in...... Only buy this TV if you're looking for cheap, "okay" TV.
on 12 February 2013
Never been a great fan of Plasma but old LCD broke down and fancied an LED but some I looked at where a bit off colour. Decided to put that on hold and opted for this Plasma as a cheap temporary replacement. What a great surprise, fabulous picture especially HD freeview and sound brilliant. Stop gap, not now, it is here to stay and the new slim style is also a surprise.
on 31 October 2014
had this tv almost 2 years now, it's been ok up till now. tried switching it on the other day only to find no power going to the tv. tried replacing the plug fuse but still nothing. really surprised to find my panasonic braking down after 2years, although it seems i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. firstly i contacted amazon re this, only for them to pass me on to panasonc as my warranty had expired, which is fair enough. panasonic in turn have passed me on to one of there repair centers. from what i gather they may assist with footing the bill. will update later.
on 5 January 2013
I purchased one of these in July and could not be happier. The sound quality is very good in my small (ish) living room and even better when hooked up to external speakers. Blue Ray & DVD look Awesome as does the HD on Freeview. Hooked up to a Smart Blue Ray & works faultlessly. Also Xbox360 Live tested and again very very little visual lag in fast paced environments.
The first one I received had been dropped by the heavy handed courier I'd picked and had a very large crack down the middle. Sent back and a new one received in less than 5 days by a new courier! Excellent service by Amazon on this count.
All in all a very nice bit of kit.
on 23 July 2013
I like this TV as it has great picture quality and has dual tuning.-IE. MPEG 3 & MPEG 4
It was the dual tuning & the great reviews other purchasers had given this TV that made this purchase an easy decision.
With dual tuning and if you live within range of Irish TV digital transmitters you can watch all Irish TV channels and all UK channels, without the need of a set top box, using a terrestrial RTE aerial..Useful if you live in Northern Ireland, or West Wales..
on 20 January 2013
We had been thinking of a new TV for the living room for the last couple of years, this model was the right price and size and as it is a panasonic was surprised at the low price. Delivery was quick but when I opened the box found that the screen was shattered, I returned it, which was a very easy procedure and I was relieved the replacement arrived two days later. The TV looks and sounds great, which is helped by the compatible panasonic sound bar I purchased at the same time, which is great if you watch movies or want to play on the XBOX etc. Don't get me wrong the standard speakers and sound are very good but it does give it an extra punch if needed. I would not hesitate in recommending this TV to anyone.
on 13 January 2014
This is a good quality TV that we have used in a retail environment. It runs and it runs without any problems at all and we would highly recommend it. You can run animation on a loop form a USB without problem and you don;t get that annoying bar appear on the screen when it starts a new loop (you can deactivate it very easily). Highly recommend!
on 4 July 2013
I bought this tv just before Christmas last year. It was an absolute bargain! The picture is fantastic, especially when watching HD programmes. Sound is perfectly clear and overall we are very pleased with our choice of Panasonic. The brand name speaks for itself and even though this model is not full HD, it is an excellent tv for the money.