Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 June 2017
Excellent.
on 15 July 2012
There is a book to be written about the names of bands and the effect that they have had on their success - I once went to an early Thompson Twins gig (before they'd ever released any material) solely on the basis that I liked the name, however I am ashamed to admit that the name Teenage Fanclub had the opposite effect on me which it took me many years to overcome. I cannot think that I was alone in my antipathy, as that is the only reason that I can think of to explain the relative lack of commercial success of what I now appreciate to be a brilliant, brilliant band. These are their 3rd to 7th albums inclusive and their is scarcely a duff track out of the 50 to 60 included here. Forget their "Best of" album (90% of which is included on these 5 discs anyway) - you need ALL of this music. If you like guitar bands, buy this immediately. On second thoughts, buy this whatever! You won't regret it!
44 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 October 2016
If ever there was a band who should have been bigger, it is Teenage Fanclub. This is an insanely great bargain - not a bad album among them. Buy it and be amazed that they weren't as big as bands like Oasis and Blur.
on 30 March 2017
My first exposure to Teenage Fanclub, and wow, what a collection! Extremely good value!

My only complaint (not worth losing a star for, mind you) is that the sound on Bandwagonesque is really poor compared to the others. Is this intentional?!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 September 2013
One of the most overlooked bands of the 90's, this set of cd's is a bargain. Starting with the sublime 'Bandwagonesque' and ending with 2000's , 'Howdy'. It's an amazing consistent selection of songs, my favourite album is grand prix and songs from nothern britain a close second, with the song speed of light being my favourite. If you like melodic pop record similar in vain to the gin blossoms or soul asylum, these albums are for you. Easy to listen too, I keep going through the collection.Worthwhile investment.
on 20 August 2014
Teenage Fanclub at their finest ! An incredible bargain for five CDS. The peerless Grand Prix and Songs from Northern Britain contain songs with the finest jangly guitars and wonderful harmonies. Aint that enough, Sparkys dream and Your love is the place I come from for me rank with the greatest songs ever written. They deserve to be a far bigger band than they are and this brilliant set of albums is a great starting place to get to know this superb music
on 14 June 2017
All OK
on 12 March 2013
The joyful inertness of being, becoming the coil of harmonic abulence, joyification if required. Washes better than the regular powder, and that's a recommendation. There are just too many great songs here, please also see Big Star, Chris Bell and Alex Chilton.
on 18 November 2012
This is an excellent deal, all the best Teenage Fanclub albums for the price of one,it is an excellent starter pack for someone who is new to the band, or if you have all the early albums on vinyl and want to keep them good. My only gripe is that I would rather have had A Catholic Education on it than Howdy, a minor one I admit,plus it was done on a different label.
on 14 August 2015
good value for the people who do not already have the cds in this package great tunes classic hooks and well written lyrics must buy...